Definative Fork Swap Chart
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Definative Fork Swap Chart

Sam
    The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator

Definative Fork Swap Chart

Tired of seeing multiple threads asking the same questions re fork/wheel/caliper swaps so I'm trying to compile a chart with all the info on it.

So please only post factual info based on your own measurements.

Lots of gaps so need an input for you guys.

Still not sure how to address the issues of spacers for different combinations or how to tabulate them.

This is the first shot across the bows, so feel free to comment on my headings/data and let me know what else needs to go in etc

I'll update the chart every now and again

Dunx75, The Ring-In and Roundy like this.

TLOTM Nov 04, March 06, June 07, July 10, Aug 11, Sept 12 and TLOTY 2007 and 2010

PM Me for Help & Prices with GSXR/Busa Radial Fork Conversion Kits, 1080cc Big Bore Kits and Welded Clutch Centres

Upside Down Super Mod
    Excellent

I'll pin this in the frequent mods forum when you've filled in the blanks.

How would the disks be offset by 1mm on the K3/K4, I had a quick look on mine and couldn't see anything obvious
    My $0.02c, always just my $0.02c Steve

"I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Antipodean
    Questions about the Forums? Click Here

Upside Down Super Mod
    K3 M/C diameter = 14mm (K4 too I guess)

K3 Rake and Trail (as per manual) 23.5/91mm (K4 too I guess)
    TLS Rake and Trail (as per manual) 23.7/94.5mm
    TLR Rake and Trail (as per manual) 23/90.6mm

The Busa had conventional 6 pot Tokico calipers.

(and as you add them to the chart it'll look like we're giving answers to info you already have )
    My $0.02c, always just my $0.02c Steve

"I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Antipodean
    Questions about the Forums? Click Here

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Great stuff Sam, very clear and informative. Dont no about any one else but this info will definatly help me with my future mods. Just one thing though, i dont surpose you know where i can find one of those trees, that money grows on to help me finance said mods.

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve TLS View Post
    How would the disks be offset by 1mm on the K3/K4, I had a quick look on mine and couldn't see anything obvious
    It was something Les spotted, either the rotors are thinner or the carrier is offset

I've added your bits

TLOTM Nov 04, March 06, June 07, July 10, Aug 11, Sept 12 and TLOTY 2007 and 2010

PM Me for Help & Prices with GSXR/Busa Radial Fork Conversion Kits, 1080cc Big Bore Kits and Welded Clutch Centres

maybe you can include what spacers etc that are needed to run stock TLR front wheel or if u want to change it for a newer version once you upgrade ur forks
    I plan on leaving this world the same way i came in....... Bloody and screaming.

Mods (so far): Yosh full system with 20" CF cans, Power Commander 3USB, PiperCross air filter, Nology leads & profire coils, +positive mod, Rifleman 1/5th throttle insert, GIpro, Scorpio sr500i alarm, Tinted screen, Inline fuel filter mod, Pazzo shortie levers, Brembo 4pad calipers, Brembo radial brake & clutch MCs, AP mini rear brake caliper, Braking wavy rear disc, Pro Bolt Ti rotor bolts, Goodridge brake lines, Hayabusa forks with Traxxion 1kg springs, Carozzeria V star wheels, Ohlins shock, Ohlins steering damper, JMC swingarm, Powder coated black frame, 40tooth rear sprocket w/Speedohealer, Tech-G rearsets, Warp speed rad guards. Vandriver: +1mm swingarm eccentrics, Sprocket cover, Rear caliper bracket, CCC, pressure plate & rear brake res,

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Still not sure how to address the issues of spacers for different combinations or how to tabulate them.
    Still open to suggestions on that one MR_Korrupt

When all the box's are filled in it should be possible to work out what spacers are needed from the numbers etc

I could list a couple of the popular conversions, but once you get to K5 onwards where the spindle design changes it gets complicated.

Sam
    Rescued a Black 97 TLS, been left out in the rain for a few years, stripped her n rebuilt her. Polished loads and loads to polish. Renthal Fat Bars with Scar Risers, Busa Forks, Ohlins damper, WLR Steering Damper Kit, Sam Tail Riser Mod, Gap Tray Mod, Tech G Billet Rear sets, Wavey's front and back, SV1000 belly Pan, Rifleman 1/5, GIpro ATRE, Thermostat Mod, Mckeown's Inline fuel filter mod, Air box Mod, Zippytlsr Charging Mod, K&N air filter, Stubby cans, Vortex Fuel Cap, MT headlight unit, Gsxr1000 Digital Clocks, need to fit my Van Rear Res + Spring .......so much to buy, so much to keep from the lady!!

Thanks
    98 TLS - 98 TLR
    TLotM January 2011
    TLotM May 2012
    TLotY 2012

Super Moderator
    Your Busa heading should read 99-07. They changed pretty much everyting in 08.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links