Interchangeable Parts - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interchangeable Parts

Sam
    The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator
    Only TLS yokes fit the TLS and only TLR yokes fit the TLR, everything else requires machining to fit either model.

The GSXR yokes use the same headstock bearings and can be made to fit but the ignitional switch position and lockstops are wrong

TLOTM Nov 04, March 06, June 07, July 10, Aug 11, Sept 12 and TLOTY 2007 and 2010

PM Me for Help & Prices with GSXR/Busa Radial Fork Conversion Kits, 1080cc Big Bore Kits and Welded Clutch Centres

Evil Twin
    that sounds like a headache trying to make them fit, did it take much "adjustment" to get your GSXR yokes to fit and work as they should ?

Sam
    I don't have the ignition barrel and made my own lock stops as it's a race bike, so yes, piece of cake

Stu (Ring-in) has fit them on his S, he made new lock stops but not sure how he got around the ignition barrel.

TLOTM Nov 04, March 06, June 07, July 10, Aug 11, Sept 12 and TLOTY 2007 and 2010

PM Me for Help & Prices with GSXR/Busa Radial Fork Conversion Kits, 1080cc Big Bore Kits and Welded Clutch Centres

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Baby Twin

GSXR TL Rear Brake Hose

Hi There,

I was wondering would the rear brake hose from a GSXR 99 - 00 fit a 98 TLR.

Would grately appreciate your help.

Cheers

Sam
    69480-02FA0 is the TLR part number and not the same as any other bikes, so you may find the GSXR hose is the correct length but the cushion rubbers/hose ends may be different

Sam, is it only the ignition switch position thats different between the S and R top yokes i.e. I want to move the ignition switch position to the right on my S, therefore will an R yoke do the job, accepting that the steering lock will no longer work as intended
    Done: Fat-bar conversion; DNA Handlebar fairing; TLR Clock conversion; Yosh TLR Headers, one-off link pipes & Carbon cans; Relocated oil cooler; Relocated Coolant bottle; Transistor TRE; PCII; +1/-1 sprockets; Hyperpro steering damper & 916 style mount; Maxton Re-Valved forks; Tokico 6 pot callipers; HEL braided hoses; TLR Swing-arm; Bitubo shock; Yellow Box; 98+ Thermo-mod; JarkkoT +/- mod; Airbox mod; K&N air filter; Riflemans 1/5th; Harris carbon mudguard; Carbon Solo Seat Unit; Pyramid undertray; Powder coated wheels; Mini indicators; LSL rearsets; Scotoiler

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by tls-moose View Post
    Sam, is it only the ignition switch position thats different between the S and R top yokes i.e. I want to move the ignition switch position to the right on my S, therefore will an R yoke do the job, accepting that the steering lock will no longer work as intended
    Yes, they can be swapped if you don't care about the ignition lock. I'm not sure if the clip-ons have the same M6 locating bolt position though

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yes, they can be swapped if you don't care about the ignition lock.
    time to look for a yoke then

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I'm not sure if the clip-ons have the same M6 locating bolt position though
    Sam, please, me & clip-ons - when is that ever likely to be a consideration
    Done: Fat-bar conversion; DNA Handlebar fairing; TLR Clock conversion; Yosh TLR Headers, one-off link pipes & Carbon cans; Relocated oil cooler; Relocated Coolant bottle; Transistor TRE; PCII; +1/-1 sprockets; Hyperpro steering damper & 916 style mount; Maxton Re-Valved forks; Tokico 6 pot callipers; HEL braided hoses; TLR Swing-arm; Bitubo shock; Yellow Box; 98+ Thermo-mod; JarkkoT +/- mod; Airbox mod; K&N air filter; Riflemans 1/5th; Harris carbon mudguard; Carbon Solo Seat Unit; Pyramid undertray; Powder coated wheels; Mini indicators; LSL rearsets; Scotoiler

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by tls-moose View Post
    Sam, please, me & clip-ons - when is that ever likely to be a consideration
    Yeah, only fools try and wrestle a TL with toothpicks

Also, for the rear brakes, you can also upgrade a bit (if you don't mind some weigfht) by putting on the larger Hayabusa disc and matching larger caliper hanger.
    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links