Yoshimura TLR's
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoshimura TLR's

Yoshimura TLR's

I haven't seen many pictures of the Yoshimura TLR's on the site-here's my contribution.

Last edited by Pelon; 06-26-2007 at 01:29 PM.

love them things
    mods up to now:- M4 headers quill links/GP1's,OZ hl02 magnesium wheels pipercross filter, Tre, powder coated frame/mirror brace, gilles rearsets, wavy rotors, superchips ecu, gilles variobars, front axel sliders, harris rear and 06 R1 front calipers, gap mod, billet rear brake res f&r, ohlins rear, pazzoracing levers, vans sprocket cover, gilles chain adjusters, braided SS hoses, cable clutch, double bubble, billet oil filler cap,1/5 throttle insert, datatool digigear, carbon fibre ram air covers, wavey rear disc, soft limiter wire cut, yoshimura bar ends, billet swingarm pivot caps, harris billet gas cap, 43 tooth rear sprocket, vans tail risers, Kad tripple, ilumiglo gauges, +/- mod, Ohlins steering damper,busa forks with radial bottoms,30shot dry NOS, carbon k3/4 fender pit-eck undertray, billet clear clutch cover,

TLOTM April 06 + May 07 + June 09

Wonder where they are today...

Besides the wheels, suspension, braking, and major engine components its the same bike as mine

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Sweeeett.....

Damn, there's the dry clutch i want too......

What kind of brakes are those?

I can't tell for positive, but probably is Brembo (given the writing on the gold front calipers and the timeframe).

GDRacing Canada Motosports Team
    www.gdracing-canada.com

TLotM July 2009
    Yoshimura Open SuperSport engine | WitchHunter-tuned fuel injectors | TiForce full exhaust | Pipercross airfilter | NGK race plugs | Braunberger Autosports ECU | 1/5 throttle insert | Machined alu sprocket cover | Accelerated Technologies suspension | Hyperpro RSC steering damper | Renthal grips | TLS cable clutch w/ Pazzo lever | Brembo 19RCS radial brake MC w/ remote reservoir | HEL SS brake lines | BrakeTech AXIS ductile iron rotors | Pro-Bolt Ti disc bolts | Brembo/Ducati 4-pad calipers | Ferodo CP2.11 ceramic pads | Sharkskinz race bodywork + fender | Chelapa ram airtubes | Graves fairing stay | ETI Fuel Cel (Kevlar) | Stomp Grip tank traction pad | QB Carbon self-supporting tail section | RK 520GXW chain | TechG adj. rearsets | +1mm swingarm eccentrics | Penske/LE rear shock + linkage | Yoshimura/Marchesini cast magnesium 16.5" sprint wheels

At the dealer show in indy YEARS ago, they had one on display... last time it was going to be displayed if I remember correctly. It was very sad, there was corrosion starting to eat the mags, the rotors actually had a little rust on them. It looked like they pulled it out of the crate, wiped it down and put it on a stand.

They are rotting away in a warehouse rotting someplace.

There are 2 left, one in a museum in Japan and the other is at the home of a private owner in the states, who is or already did sell it to another private collector.

The bodywork for bike 14 is on gixxer160's race tlr which is the bike I work on. I bought the body originally on ebay. It is carbon kevlar and the shape is different from stock body work just enough that it has quite different airflow around the upper section. I had it on my street bike for a while and when I put the stock bodywork back on very different in wind buffetting on the freeway.

SWEET

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links