GSXR Tail swap - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: GSXR Tail swap

Quote Originally Posted by Steve TLS
    No modding? Get it to fit with no modding?
    uh yah, that's what I heard. Of course nothing fits perfectly out of the box. Hell even some full systems need some convincing. And I was referring to the fact that you dont need to mod the sub frame with the War Eagle/Hammerit tail. It's SUPPOSED to be a direct bolt on and I've talked to people with it that said the same
    2007 SV650 - Sold
    2005 DR-Z400SM - Stolen
    1999 TL1000R - Sold
    1990 Katana 600 - Sold

what i'm thinking.... apparently the GSXR subframe bolts directly on the TLR, but it makes the tail shoot sky high and makes for a nice nut buster. so why not get tail raisers and put them on the top mounts to lower the tail down to a more managable angle. that would be easy. personally though, i'm going to section cut the lower arm of the GSXR subframe and get the desired angle... but if you can't tig AL then i thought the tail riser mounted on the top mount would be an easy fix. just my two cents
    Allways do sober what you said you'd do drunk,... that'll keep your mouth shut...

99 TLR, K&N, Joe-V, Fan Switch, EBC HH brakes, Yosh CF Full Race, Race Tech valves and springs

Cut 1 3/4 to 2 inch off a GSXR subframe and that should do it. I guess it the same as doing it on the SRAD.
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.n...-tail-swap.htm
    <a href=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/tlsgreen/Gixersig3Forum.png target=_blank>http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...rsig3Forum.png</a>

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

AMA Pit Boss
    damn...some of you guys are doing it waaayyyyy the hard way. Just cut the pillion stuff off the TLR subframe, get a sharkinz GSXR tail (K4), drill a little hole in the lug of the tail, bolt everything together.
    Duncan

a K6 tail please if i was to use a suzuki production tail.
    CHEERS: brett
    http://offroadexplorer.com/Forum/ind...f3523ef056856c
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php
    Sent from my Rooted HTC One X - Rooted , using S off & Buuf icon pack

SUZUKI 97TLS: STREETFIGHTER PROJECT January '09 TLotM

GP Champ
    I wouldn't buy anything from Whore Eagle on principle, they have screwed over so many TLP and TLZ members. I was even "US distributor" for Pierre at Hammerrit for a minute. what a joke that whole thing was.

What we need is Chelapa to make one. I keep hittin him up in every post he makes sure he's gettin sick of that by now....

i garaged my bike at my shop. so NOW i def have time to work on it since it will always be there over the winter. it will also make the r1 job a bit easier which i cant wait for that. im working on the tls race upper, but im also working on a very small side thing which i hope it works 2morrow b/c it will speed up things a bit faster. MUCH faster.

GP Champ
    Sorry man, I'll quit hasslin ya . Your stuff just looks awesome and your prices are much lower than I would expect. I'm sure you'd sell a ton of the gixxer tails.

Thought I would revive this old thread took a little modding, but not that outrageous.
    GSXR Tail swap-5066d3d6-b8ff-404f-a2a5-bf344e835f37.jpeg
    tsjoe007 likes this.

Baby Twin
    Just got the gsx 1000 k1 hump via aliexpress. Colour is close enough. Looks great (i think).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GSXR Tail swap-20190928_122350_1570661004698.jpg  
    Fastgramps and tsjoe007 like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links