GSXR Tail swap - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: GSXR Tail swap

Cay anyone tell me more about the wareagle-racing.com GSXR-style tail for the TLR?

http://www.wareagle-racing.com/web/i...stomkit/11.jpg

What the heck taillight does that use? I've already got a fancy LED & integrated TLR taillight. What front seat? What rear seat? Stock TLR subframe?? Sure looks nice to me!

I could sell my stock tails.

Yeah, yeah, I know... I'll search. Still, anyone able to tell me more?
    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

chelapa seriously man you could make a bolt on tail for us. you'd be the man

Looks like the'old hammerit tail...

like on the middle picture of this site....
    http://www.freewebs.com/twin_impulz/

....mine..
    '97 Racing Green TLS since '99 Bruised and beaten, now black with '98 TLS cases, frame, oilpump, clutch, shift-fork-guides, secondary shaft etc.
    '99 White/blue TLR since '02 now yellow track toy with Sebimoto, Öhlins rear, Mavic Penta's, Complete rear-end hacksaw GXSR mod, Rooske front end upgrade (linear springs), ZX12 six-pots, Goodridge hoses, brembo rear brake & pump.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cyclecamper
    Cay anyone tell me more about the wareagle-racing.com GSXR-style tail for the TLR?

http://www.wareagle-racing.com/web/i...stomkit/11.jpg

What the heck taillight does that use? I've already got a fancy LED & integrated TLR taillight. What front seat? What rear seat? Stock TLR subframe?? Sure looks nice to me!

I could sell my stock tails.

Yeah, yeah, I know... I'll search. Still, anyone able to tell me more?
    I've never dealt with them, but several people here have bought the TLRR kit (which uses this tail) and have been happy with it. The kit is designed to mimic the GSXR body style and tail section, but obviously it is a tad different, but looks nice once on.

the tail section is simply a direct bolt on, no modding to anything needed, it uses the same mounts and bolts. it even uses the stock front and rear seats. you just take off your old one, and put this in its place.

it's designed to use the stock tail light, no new tail light needed
    2007 SV650 - Sold
    2005 DR-Z400SM - Stolen
    1999 TL1000R - Sold
    1990 Katana 600 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by MrTucker
    the tail section is simply a direct bolt on, no modding to anything needed, it uses the same mounts and bolts. it even uses the stock front and rear seats. you just take off your old one, and put this in its place.

it's designed to use the stock tail light, no new tail light needed
    Well, that's SWEET! I'm definitely going to look into it!
    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclecamper
    Well, that's SWEET! I'm definitely going to look into it!

...do a search here, war egale, hammerit, etc... are all crap fitting for the most part and if you pay them, you'll be lucky to actually receive the parts you've paid for - good luck...

Search, read and decide for your self...
    Silver, the fastest color!
    On the inside - HID type bulbs, K&N filter, Iridium ix plugs, 16T front sprocket, Coerce billet sprocket cover, +5, +5, +5, Scorpio SE-i500 system from my GB and an ATRE.
    On the outside - TLR forks, front carbon fender, 5/8th master brake cylinder, black SS brake lines (frnt & rear), braking waves all around with Ti bolts, Brembo gold front calipers & a busa gold rear caliper, flush mount signals (frnt & rear), ZG DB screen, black mirror stay, Helibars, black '97 top triple clamp, preload adjusters, Scott's magic gold box, Coerce real carbon dash surround, Irvine sliders, TL1000S (cutout) heel guards, carbon case cover - left side, clear billet clutch cover - right side, carbon gas cap, 1/2 tank bra, gel seat, Coerce full real carbon tail section, Coerce real carbon hump, Coerce real carbon tire hugger and undertail eliminator w/ LED's, Ohlins rear damper & LE 800# spring, Yoshimura RS-3 race Ti full system, Stealth 41T rear, and more to come...

Upside Down Super Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTucker

No modding? Get it to fit with no modding?

I've personally got nothing nice to say about Alex either. He wouldn't stand by his product. Came here saying how good he was and how he was going to look after everyone screwed by hammerit and promptly disappeared when it got too hot for him. Arseholes. Pierre and Alex full of bullshit lies.

Alex doesn't deserve any TL business. They stuffed too many members in the past.

https://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19617

This is his attitude:

Silverline

Dear Mr Kat

Thanks for all your help, by pinning my messages ex. But i not going to try and suck up too these guys.

I know everything went bad with Hammerit, but it was not my fault and to try and confince these guys will take me 5 years from now.

So thanks again, you can take down all my messages, because i am not going to supply half of these guys even in the future!

Please tell the guys in charge that i thanks all of them for all the help, and if any of them need's something in the future, they must please contact me.

Our warehouse will be up in a month or two and everyone know's about the website as well.

Kind Regards and Safe riding so you all

Alex
    alexsas
    [email protected]
    My $0.02c, always just my $0.02c Steve

"I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Antipodean
    Questions about the Forums? Click Here

My hammerit tail didn't fit at all points, but I didn't care because I expected that. Besides that I modded it (stuffed the hole for the lock) and made my own cover.

What's the fun in modding when everything bolts straight on!
    '97 Racing Green TLS since '99 Bruised and beaten, now black with '98 TLS cases, frame, oilpump, clutch, shift-fork-guides, secondary shaft etc.
    '99 White/blue TLR since '02 now yellow track toy with Sebimoto, Öhlins rear, Mavic Penta's, Complete rear-end hacksaw GXSR mod, Rooske front end upgrade (linear springs), ZX12 six-pots, Goodridge hoses, brembo rear brake & pump.

One Liter Duc Eater
    Why would you want anything to look like a gixxer? All we need is more of those on the road
    2000 Yellow Tiller, a few basic things here and there.

I just think the GSXR tail looks about one generation more modern. Nothing wrong with "classic" TL.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links