Custom frame? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Custom frame?

Rupes
    That kind of thing is already available. I get the idea that this would use all the stock stuff and or its replacement. In my case the JMC swingarm, Penske shock, underseat exhaust setup, Carbon wrapped and painted tank, there's no way I'd ditch all that just to use a different frame. Hell may as well just go buy a different bike. This was my point when I brought it up with Art Davis, and that is a lighter, stiffer, stronger and generally much better made bolt in replacement. Something where you don't have to worry about the integrity of that shitty cast alloy stuff they use around the head stock.

Besides I like the TLS rear suspension idea, having different rates for spring and damper, its just a pity they put a weak as piss spring in it and a shithouse damper in it. TLS suspension upgrades are very competitive with upgrades on other bikes anyway.

Where's Art when you need him...

Like I say..........using all stock equipment except just the frame. What Terry does is beyond tirck/custom Art's bike is the shizzit--PLAIN & SIMPLE.

I'm just throwing around the idea of building frames--the TL/SV being first priority--then maybe an ATV or Two. People buy alot of mods/parts, if they go the TS/Art route those parts are expendable somewhat. I'm thinking frames are next.........

Liablility is also a GREAT concern for me...like rupe states--I want everything to work perfect, perform up to & beyond stock. If I were to buy a frame--I would expect it to be 110% perfect.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Like this?? Chrome-moly trellis frame with billet aluminum swing arm pivots. All TLS stock parts fit, except for the rear shock/damper thingy.

Ciao... JoE.

That frame looks real cool.I wish I had one.
    www.hans-n-throttle.com 2000 tl1000r,akropovic full ti system,bmc air filter,vortec sprockets up 4 in rear,extreme graphics undertail,custom plate bracket,barnett clutchs and springs,airbox mod,pair valve removed,street and competition steering dampner,galfer ss lines,cable clutch mod,hammeritt air tube covers,rear taillight intergrator,perelli diablo tires,hh brake pads,fan switch mod,chrome windshield,power comander,ivans tre,polished every thing,frame,forks,swingarm,wheels and all rearsets,chrome kickstand.house of colors candy apple red with big fat silver metal flakes,clear clutch cover,st machine levers,hooligan billet brake resivour,rear wave rotor,vortex upper triple tree,pro-tek chrome gas cap,gap mod,ohlins rear shock,traxxion dynamics fork rebuild,rc components daytona wheels,vortex clip ons,custom arlen ness mirrors,war eagle hugger,sato rearsets with aluminum toe tits,tons of custom one off hans-n-throttle.com parts.www.hans-n-throttle.com

I'd be willing to pay a good amount if you showed me it was stronger, lighter, and more durable than the stock frame. Lighter being very key.

woody

http://home.comcast.net/~herzingkplu...ave/btmsig.jpg
    2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/exclaim.gif

"Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
    -Enzo Ferrari-

.i have my plate full with the mods i want to do to my bike ,but i would be in line for something like the pic above in the near future.ive already wasted more than 3000 on mods.with no regrets.like that famous movie quote ."built it and they will come"

The UNO frame is absolutely fantastic
    But we have to be fair and say it's really very very expensive.

Greetings
    Rufer
    German TL1000cup champion 2007, 2008 & 2009. Now on GSX-R 1000 K5/K6

I did a massive search over Adavis's bike last nite...
    Do a search under hisname, I found a lot of useful info.

356 Wet is awesome

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links