Bogging down
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bogging down

Bogging down

Tps sensor was synced new oem fuel pump an lines, starts rite up but as soon as i put it in gear an hit the gas its bogging down, an new injectors too could it be the tip sensor or the tre

New injectors you say? As in "new" new or just new to the bike? Tip sensor is unlikely to make the thing bog down. You'd expect it to cut out entirely. I'd go for removing the TRE first then see what happens. You are best off starting from a "stock" baseline whilst trying to debug the thing. Next port of call if the thing struggles under load would be the fuel pump/filter. You can do the flow test to get an idea of the condition of the fuel delivery.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Good morning snowblind an thanks for the reply an yes like brand new injectors, an you said fuel pump filter could it have come from the factory bad cuz the fuel pump is new too thats why this is throwing me for a loop

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

An ill pull the tre off when i get off work

If pump and filter are new then you can probably rule them out. Might be worth doing the flow test anyway just to confirm you don't have a kinked hose in the tank or somesuch.
    That said let's see what happens without the TRE.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

10 -4

Since you have been playing around under the tank, make sure the IAP sensor is properly connected to its vacuum source. If disconnected, it can cause the bogging response you described.
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Might be a dumb question but the airbox mod was done from who ever had it b4 me would the iap sensor still be hooked up an now i have a full battery an the bike wont start from the kill switch button if i bridge the starter relay it starts lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan912 View Post
    Might be a dumb question but the airbox mod was done from who ever had it b4 me would the iap sensor still be hooked up an now i have a full battery an the bike wont start from the kill switch button if i bridge the starter relay it starts lol
    The IAP sensor stays in place even with the airbox mod. It is a small cube shaped sensor normally mounted on the back of the air box, and connected to the throttle body with a vacuum line.

You say it "won't start from the kill switch button."
    Does this mean the engine will not even crank over via the starter button, or does it crank OK, but does not start and run?

TLR Vacuum system connections.

The red lines can be removed as part of the air box mod. Be sure to cap the vacuum ports on the throttle body.

The blue and green lines need to stay in place.

TLR vacuumsystem-1 by Tony Six5, on Flickr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links