C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz.

Baby Twin

C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz.

Hello All,

2001 TL US Spec.

I am having some issues that are really starting to turn into a head scratcher. I took my bike out for a ride a few months back. I went in for lunch at a restaurant and came back out to a bike that would not start.
    After further inspection the fuel pump relay was clicking but the bike would not start. but at this point I was not getting any error codes so I got the bike back to the house via a pickup bed.

I was looking on the forums and came across the relay test. when testing the relay I jumped 2 wires to see if the fuel pump would make some noise ( i do not think it was the correct ones ) and now the relay will not click on when turning the key. this is when I got a flashing FI and the F1 code that turned into the C41. I checked the fuse box and the 10amp fuse for the fuel pump was still in tact. Checked the Starter Relay fuse and put a new 30amp in there just in case.

I checked the connectors on the left front side and all is well there.

I see on the wiring diagram that there are 2 brownish wires that go to the fuel pump fuse....has a fuse box ever been an issue? Could the wiring to the fuse box be an issue?

if anyone could help me diagnose this issue it would be very helpful. I have a multimeter and can test but I need some guidance at this point.

I know you can test the relay using a multimeter but what wire do i put the black lead to in order to test? ground on the fuel pump plug? a wire on the relay?

I have the wiring diagram and have been trying to trace out the connections but I am now at a standstill.

help plz

Thank you in advance.

TLS or TLR ?

Welcome to the forum xlylax!

Have a look at the two threads linked below. They should enable you to sort any issue with the fuel system - electrically.

See post #6 in this link...
    https://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki...e-tl1000s.html

https://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki...ero-volts.html

Post up any questions you might have.

Let us know what you find please.
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Baby Twin
    Hello all. The bike is a R. Im just getting back from holiday so i will take a look and post any questions i have.

Thank you.

Ill look over that post 6 and get back to u all

See my reply #4 ons this post

https://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki...-fall-out.html

Hope it helps you out

Baby Twin
    thank you TSjoe. I wlll take a look at this and let you all know what I did find.

Xlylax,

Do me a quick test.

Find the yellow blue wire that triggers the fuel pump relay. Short it to ground. You can pierce the wire sheath with a needle then alligator clip that needle to ground/frame.

Then go through the start up procedure. The fuel pump should be running the entire time.

Hopefully, she starts up and stays running.

I'll give you the bad news after...
    ... listen to Six5 ...

Baby Twin
    Thank you rxf6. Will try this out as soon as I can get to the bike and will report back.

Baby Twin
    OK so I jumped the yellow blue wire from the fuel pump relay to my sub frame and when I turn the key to the on position I still do not get any fuel pump or any clicking from the relay.

Let me add that about a month prior to this happening i had to switch out my ignition and key because my original key snapped off in the rear seat latch. I did go out and but a used aTLR ignition barrel and key. It was OEM. After i swapped out the ignition the bike ran great until this issue now.

Thank you all for your help!

Baby Twin
    Here are some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz.-60f09c16-05e6-4876-ac0f-94de50b3bb86_1575324346068.jpeg   C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz.-2b59b3b3-0319-4b56-8c2f-f4f40b82f595_1575324374023.jpeg   C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz.-9cfaac56-d6aa-4f35-85bf-08184e1327e8_1575324388470.jpeg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links