C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz.

Baby Twin
    that helps a lot!!
    thank you CrashB!!

i can see the signal flow now and do some more tests.

I will report back once I get home.

Baby Twin
    Ok so i did try to run a wire from the battery positive to the red yel wire on the fuel pump and could hear something trying to pump in the tank but nothing..... fuel pump dead?

Next: i tried checking the dark brown wire for power. When i take the 10A fuse out for the fuel pump i get no power to the dark brown wire...when i plug the fuse back in i get 12v to the dark brown wire that goes to orange / blue. Following orange / blue back to the fuel pump relay connector, I tested the voltage at the relay and im getting 12v.

Next: check orange / white. I get 12v when the kill switch is in the run position and key is on.

Next: yellow / blue. When i probe this wire and turn the key to the on position i do not get a 3 sec voltage drop. I guessing i blew the resistor in the computer is now its fried.

So with all this testing done i think the issue is a bad computer and a bad fuel pump.

Would these tests confirm? Dose this sound right?

Thank you all with all this help

Quote Originally Posted by xlylax View Post
    Ok so i did try to run a wire from the battery positive to the red yel wire on the fuel pump and could hear something trying to pump in the tank but nothing..... fuel pump dead?
    If you can hear a whirring in the tank when you did this then the fuel pump is priming. Only whirrs for a few seconds though.

If this is the case then the fuel pump is fine. Now I would run a wire from the loom side of the FPR to the FP, bridging out the relay entirely and turn the ignition on. (make sure the kill switch is set to 'run'). This makes an effectively constant connection from the battery to the FP, whilst utilising all of the wiring. If the pump whirrs, then all that wiring is okay

My next port of call if all that is okay would be to swap out the relay with a known working spare...

'97 TL1000S Streetfighter 'Evil Twin' - Full colour wiring diagrams - click here for UK TLS - click here for US TLS - click here for UK TLR - click here for US TLR

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Baby Twin
    Hello Crash

No there was no whirling, no whining...no sound at all coming the fuel pump. I could see the spark coming off the terminal but the fuel pump did not start up. I know that sound distinctly. I think its dead.

I did swap out the relay and no changes. still no voltage from the computer.

How about the voltage not dropping when i turn the key? Do u think the computer is shot now?

Tks again crash 🙂

Do the fuel return test to see if fuel is in fact flowing.

Let's just start with the facts.
    ... listen to Six5 ...

If you have established that the fuel pump is dead... STOP. Replace the fuel pump and see where you are.

'97 TL1000S Streetfighter 'Evil Twin' - Full colour wiring diagrams - click here for UK TLS - click here for US TLS - click here for UK TLR - click here for US TLR

Baby Twin
    I am on it. what do you suggest to replace the fuel pump?

Quote Originally Posted by xlylax View Post
    I am on it. what do you suggest to replace the fuel pump?
    This Kemso pump works well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KEMSO-High-...EAAOSwS9BbkUaN
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Bosch pump too
    ... listen to Six5 ...

Baby Twin
    I ordered kesmo one from ebay. It will be here the 14th. I will update once i get it.

Thank u all for the help you guys are amazing!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links