C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz.

The ignition doesn't have the 100 ohm resistor.

Wait.. the bike ran after the ignition switch??
    ... listen to Six5 ...

If the fuel pump doesn't run on key on after shorting the yellow/ blue wire then you probably don't have 12v to the relay (because that should override it) ...

(Edit) or the pump is shot

Can you measure voltage to the relay? On an S you can switch the side stand relay right next to it, but the mini Panasonic relays basically never go bad.
    ... listen to Six5 ...

Baby Twin
    How do i measure the voltage on the relay? Im not sure where put the probes on the relay terminals to get the correct measurements.

Thank you again for your help 🙂

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

It has been two years since I dd it but you have to have a 5 volt signal for fuel pump to check on. If you have changed out keys this could be your problem.

C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz.-tlr-fuel-system.png

Whipped this up for you this afternoon. For full diagram refer to the links in my signature

nb. Any mistakes I blame on the morphine I'm on for a broken foot

'97 TL1000S Streetfighter 'Evil Twin' - Full colour wiring diagrams - click here for UK TLS - click here for US TLS - click here for UK TLR - click here for US TLR

Baby Twin
    thank you CrashB for making this wiring diagram.

What should be the next steps after shorting the Yel/Blu wire to the subframe and not getting anything to happen?

I did not get a relay click or a fuel pump to turn on? check the starter relay down by the battery? do you think that has gone bad?

thank you all for the help I know we can get this working again.....I just need some assistance from the TL fam

EDIT: it would not be the starter relay because the bike turns over.
    its not the kill switch because when i switch it off and on in dealer mode I get the Check on the dash then it goes to C 41.
    im going to move on and think its an issue with the ECU or the fuse box or wiring somewhere...... i tested voltage across the fuel pump fuse and got voltage......hmmmmm?

EDIT 2: when look at this wiring diagram how does power flow? does it go from key to Killswitch to pump relay then fuse box then fuel pump?

EDIT 3: i noticed the YEL/RED wire goes from the fuel pump relay to a gang connector that runs the Injectors.....where is that gang connector located on the bike......hmmmmmm??

Quote Originally Posted by CrashB View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TLR Fuel System.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	60064

Whipped this up for you this afternoon. For full diagram refer to the links in my signature

nb. Any mistakes I blame on the morphine I'm on for a broken foot

Nice work Crash!
    ... listen to Six5 ...

Its been a while since I had to troubleshoot a fuel pump issue so bear with me. I'm very crude when it comes to electric diagnostics, (especially next to Six5 or rxf610) and tend to do most of my problem solving with the aid of a spare length of wire with both ends stripped and soldered into probes that I then use to bridge out parts of the system until I find the problem.

If memory serves me I jumped the red/yellow wire on the fuel pump direct to the battery to check that the pump was okay. You dont need to turn the bike on or anything for this, its just connecting the live terminal on the fuel pump to the live terminal of the battery. Do this then report back, and I will try and remember what I did next

Quote Originally Posted by xlylax View Post
    EDIT 2: when look at this wiring diagram how does power flow? does it go from key to Killswitch to pump relay then fuse box then fuel pump?

EDIT 3: i noticed the YEL/RED wire goes from the fuel pump relay to a gang connector that runs the Injectors.....where is that gang connector located on the bike......hmmmmmm??
    2: Power flows from the dark brown wire to the orange/blue into the FPR, then from the FPR along the yellow/red to the injectors and the FP. (I think, as I said earlier I am rather drugged atm)

3: I think that gang connector is by the TBs, but again, I am rather drugged today

'97 TL1000S Streetfighter 'Evil Twin' - Full colour wiring diagrams - click here for UK TLS - click here for US TLS - click here for UK TLR - click here for US TLR

Baby Twin
    Will do CrashB.

thank you!!

C41, No Relay click, no fuel pump prime. some help plz.-tlr-fuel-system-mk2.png

This might be clearer...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links