Dash Lights TLS.

Thread: Dash Lights TLS.

Dash Lights TLS.

G'day folks, looking for some direction to the issues l have with my gauge lights not working.
    l have checked fuses and connectors to the best of my ability but still come up empty handed.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    By the way....Hello to all from Down Under.
    Danny.

One assumes you've checked the bulbs?
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Take the clocks off the bike and you can remove the bulbs from behind. They can be upgraded to brighter bulbs too.
    black TL1000S rider,owned from new since august 98,hinkle windowed clutch cover,braided lines,5/8 front brake M/cylinder.1/5 throttle,Helibars,double bubble,stainless renegade cans, ohlins damper,stainless rad and oil cooler covers,undertray,carbon hugger,silver powdercoated wheels,k+n filter and TRE,R+G bungs,LED indicators,gold X ring chain with 40T rear sprocket,mini indicators, HID H4 headlights with led side lights.now done 85,000 miles.
    gold busa forks,gold six pots and gold rear caliper,pazzo levers all thanks to speedking
    van driver clutch pressure plate and bolt retainers,
    also done 306 laps of the nurburgring,
    now have my r1200gs adventure with 95.000 miles covered to date.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

black TL1000S rider,owned from new since august 98,hinkle windowed clutch cover,braided lines,5/8 front brake M/cylinder.1/5 throttle,Helibars,double bubble,stainless renegade cans, ohlins damper,stainless rad and oil cooler covers,undertray,carbon hugger,silver powdercoated wheels,k+n filter and TRE,R+G bungs,LED indicators,gold X ring chain with 40T rear sprocket,mini indicators, HID H4 headlights with led side lights.now done 85,000 miles.
    gold busa forks,gold six pots and gold rear caliper,pazzo levers all thanks to speedking
    van driver clutch pressure plate and bolt retainers,
    also done 306 laps of the nurburgring,
    now have my r1200gs adventure with 95.000 miles covered to date.

Thanks for your reply snowblind, they are not blown.

Thanks tlsgazza. even tho the bulbs are ok sounds like a worthy up grade.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOKA View Post
    G'day folks, looking for some direction to the issues l have with my gauge lights not working.
    l have checked fuses and connectors to the best of my ability but still come up empty handed.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    By the way....Hello to all from Down Under.
    Danny.
    Welcome to the Zone Danny!

The Grey wire going in the the instrument connector powers the gauge illumination. If you have no voltage at that point, the problem could be:
    • in the headlight switch,
    • or the black gang connector leading to the left-hand switch pod. Specifically, look at the Grey to Grey wire terminals, and the Orange/Blue to Orange/Green wire terminals,
    • or a wire could just be open at some point along the way.

Use your ohm meter to test continuity of that circuit along each conductor. Obviously, with the power off.

If you don't find the problem in this portion of the circuit, we'll follow the Orange/Green wire further upstream toward the fuse box to see what turns up.

Let us know what you find please.
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Hello AMA, l had no idea of the wire colors and your info is tops. l will look into this with my auto elec buddy and see what the end result is. l have always suspected an interruption in the loom somewhere. Lets see how we go. Thanks for your knowledge.

Sponsored Links