Tachometer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tachometer

Quote Originally Posted by tlsgazza View Post
    Looking at the tlr in his avatar I'd say America Joe. Looks like a stretched swinging arm.
    Have to use my 4" iPhone here. Can hardly see any avatars. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    And it's left hand drive..

Rebels we are!
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    And it's left hand drive..
    Silly, could be from Europe then!
    black TL1000S rider,owned from new since august 98,hinkle windowed clutch cover,braided lines,5/8 front brake M/cylinder.1/5 throttle,Helibars,double bubble,stainless renegade cans, ohlins damper,stainless rad and oil cooler covers,undertray,carbon hugger,silver powdercoated wheels,k+n filter and TRE,R+G bungs,LED indicators,gold X ring chain with 40T rear sprocket,mini indicators, HID H4 headlights with led side lights.now done 85,000 miles.
    gold busa forks,gold six pots and gold rear caliper,pazzo levers all thanks to speedking
    van driver clutch pressure plate and bolt retainers,
    also done 306 laps of the nurburgring,
    now have my r1200gs adventure with 95.000 miles covered to date.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

I'm from the US and the avatar picture is of a tlr and yes it has and extended swingarm I'm building a tls

Smu
    Baby Twin
    Hiya on the back of this is there a walk through on how to program a arduino or where to purchase one from ?? I'm looking at putting some sv or gsxr750 srad clocks on my tls streetfighter so I can retain all the standard functions . Any help appreciated kind regards sam

I do not have any DIY instructions for SV or SRAD clocks. I only did 2 SV1000, but no SRAD at all. So there just was no need for any docs. I only have instructions for GSXR K1 - K6. I don't even have the SRAD gauge cluster pinout. I do have an '98/'99 750 SRAD manual, but that does not have the pinout. Not sure if it is the same as for the TLR. The Arduino SW should be the same as for the TLS/TLR I guess, so I could give you the SW or send you an already flashed Arduino. But I do not have any installation instructions. Also, keep in mind that if it comes to SRAD clocks, only the '98 and '99 750 clocks can be used. Plus, like for the TLR-clocks-to-TLS, an additional booster circuit might be required to pull the tach signal from TLS's 5Vpp to the TLR's (SRAD's ) 12Vpp level. Then the mileage correction. I know the storage scheme for the SV (EEPROM must be unsoldered though), but I have no idea what the EEPROM content for the SRAD is like. if it is like the TLR, then I know the algorithm.

Again, the easiest way would be to use GSXR 1000 K1/K2 or K3/K4 clocks. Everything's known there, and docs are available too.

SV1000 clocks with Arduino installed:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tachometer-sv1000-arduino.jpg  

Smu
    Baby Twin
    Awesome thanks for the reply , I was just looking at the later 750 star clocks as they look like tlr clocks but a whole load cheaper. Happy to go down what ever route is easiest to be fair I just want a set of working clocks the bike had a push bike computer on it when I got it . I tried the chineese honda nc750 style clocks and it all works except the taco and the fuel guage as it's a guage and not a light. Just want to get it going and put it back together again now 😞 how much would a audrino cost t go in the gsxr clocks as you said k1-k6?? Thanks again for the answers so far 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Smu View Post
    I was just looking at the later 750 star clocks as they look like tlr clocks but a whole load cheaper.
    Well, yes, looks like. However, a lot of those clocks on eBay go as 'GSX-R600 SRAD 600 GSXR 750 97 98 99 00", although 600/early 750 and late 750 (98/99) for sure are not compatible. Like this one that does not have 'FI' printed near the LED and definitely does not fit the '98/'99 750.

Happy to go down what ever route is easiest to be fair I just want a set of working clocks
    The easiest way would probably be TLR clocks or may be FI-SRAD clocks (not sure they are fully compatible). The TLR clocks however do require that tach scaling circuit. If it comes to GSXR-1000 clocks, the K2 would be easiest. Just add the Arduino (4 wires) and you're done. Next is K3/K4, needs the Arduino and another 10K resistor. Now, if you want to have the 2-stage fuel light like on the TL, then it's got to be the K1 since K2 and K3/K4 only have a 1-stage fuel light. The K1 in turn requires the Arduino and the Suzuki Fuel Level Light Resistor (FLLR) or 2x 68 Ohm/10 Watt power resistors wired to the front harness to get the fuel light working.

I tried the chineese honda nc750 style clocks and it all works except the taco and the fuel guage
    I doubt that '...it all works except...'. For sure the coolant temp did not work, the FI-error display did not work and the TPS info did not work.

how much would a audrino cost t go in the gsxr clocks as you said k1-k6??
    The programmed/flashed Arduino for K1 - K4 is 10,- Euros plus shipping. If you want to do the conversion yourself, I could give you the instructions. However, since your form the U.K. I could do the conversion for you if you send me your K1/K3 as long as we don't have the Brexit. I only charge the required HW (Arduino, resistors, LEDs) and postage, service is for free as always. At the same time I could set the correct mileage and do the backlight LED swap if required. Most people go for blue backlight

I would not really recommend K5/K6 as there is a lot more to do to get those working on the TL.

I forgot, this is probably the easiest route...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links