Rookie thoughts on recent 2001 TLR buy.

Thread: Rookie thoughts on recent 2001 TLR buy.

Baby Twin

Rookie thoughts on recent 2001 TLR buy.

Hi everybody,
    Registered my newly sought TLR today and took her for a bit of a run around dor an hour so....in traffic mainly...but all I could manage today.
    Firstly the sound is infectious.....Im hooked....Ive never been one for blipping throttles more than necessary...but.......now it needs to be done...especially when there are admirers watxhing feom the safety of their carss or the footpath.
    She seems to like the ridwr to lean into the corners....not sure if this is an old tyre or geometry thing....me thinks the later...but thats ok.
    She is very light in the front end....and I'm imagining hence the dampner standard....but that's cool...I dont mind a nervous head.....it matches mine.
    Still cant get use to the sound when giving her a handful....she sounds like a big pussy cat....purring along....until I check the speedo !
    Never been keen on bikes with 2 pipes either side.....but........its a Suzuki....they're Yoshis......and holy shit....the burble..is so anti social un PC.....got to love it.

Last but not least.......my only thing that concerns me....is the heat coming out onto my inner thighs....(I was wearing shorts ) but man....that thing gets.hot...the frame was almost too hot too touch...
    Any advice..beside the obvious..wearing leathers ?

Love this quirky beast...and it feels like Im riding my 96 Gsxr T model......stops good, nimble, squeezes between traffic...

It feels like I have started riding bikes all over again.....

Twins.....Im hooked......wish Suzi made more.of them......

Loachy.

TL = Toasted Legs, that's normal but frame does not usually get too hot to touch...............

Whereabouts in the world are you? - fill out your profile page so we all can see - you might have someone close enough to offer help when you need it.
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Welcome to the forum Loachy!

FYI - As far as I know, there is no cure for this sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Loachy View Post
    Never been keen on bikes with 2 pipes either side.....but........got to love it.
    The twin pipes are crucial contributors to the addictive sound of the TL. I ran a 2 into 1 System for years on my TLS. And while it still sounded good, it's not the same as twin mufflers.

Quote Originally Posted by Loachy View Post
    ...Last but not least.......my only thing that concerns me....is the heat coming out onto my inner thighs....(I was wearing shorts ) but man....that thing gets.hot...the frame was almost too hot too touch...
    Any advice..beside the obvious..wearing leathers ?
    This is normal.
    Wear clothes when you ride it.
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckshop Ted View Post
    TL = Toasted Legs, that's normal but frame does not usually get too hot to touch...............
    Ted, that may be true in the UK. However, here in the Southwest USA, the frame gets very hot after a few miles of commuting. Especially that big chunk of aluminum on the TLR frame that supports the swingarm pivot and the top of the shock.
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Quote Originally Posted by Six5 View Post
    Ted, that may be true in the UK. However, here in the Southwest USA, the frame gets very hot after a few miles of commuting. Especially that big chunk of aluminum on the TLR frame that supports the swingarm pivot and the top of the shock.

'suppose that's the price you pay for the hot weather ..............
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Baby Twin
    I use to have a couple of 85 Slabbies....the regulator under the seat use to burn the family jewels also in hot weather.

Sponsored Links