GSXR front end swap and R1 rear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSXR front end swap and R1 rear

One Liter Duc Eater wiggilicious's Avatar

GSXR front end swap and R1 rear

Hi lads

Don't worry, this isn't a how to thread. Sam or the Ring-In published a definitive fork swap guide there years ago but the link to the pic/ attachment seems to have gone dead since. Anyone have access to it and could send it on? Also, anyone making the shims for between the wheel and disc (or caliper) anymore?

On another note, my new (old) yoke has the OEM damper. I could get a new Hyperpro shock for about £400 or there's the R1 shock with adapter route for almost half that. Does anyone here have that mod and was it worth it?

Cheers
    Wiggi
    WETTER THAN AN OTTERS POCKET!!!!

New TLR - Zero mods

Previous TLR - Dymag SB5 magnesium, Full Yoshi with CF cans, Ohlins shock, Ohlins steering damper, 2003 Busa gold forks, Brembo calipers, Galfer waveys, Goodrich hoses, FP Racing shorties, Driven clip-ons and D3 grips, PC3, SV1000 coils, Cf front mudguard, CF rear hugger, 17/40, RK gold chain, talon gold sprocket, Idealcycle undertray incl lights and indicators, Billet fuel cap, Pro-bolt, polished top triple, PC'd frame and swinger, K&N air filter, Yuasa.

Modded airbox, Riflemans 1/5th, Matt the Hat's TRE, EB headlight relay, Charging mod, + mod.

Sam should have shims and spacers.

you need 2 fork shims
    2 caliper spacers
    2 disk spacers
    I axle spacer

if not I have one complete set still for $100au + post

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ring-In View Post
    Sam should have shims and spacers.

you need 2 fork shims
    2 caliper spacers
    2 disk spacers
    I axle spacer

if not I have one complete set still for $100au + post
    Cheers Stu, do you have that list of acceptable years/ bike types etc?

New TLR - Zero mods

Previous TLR - Dymag SB5 magnesium, Full Yoshi with CF cans, Ohlins shock, Ohlins steering damper, 2003 Busa gold forks, Brembo calipers, Galfer waveys, Goodrich hoses, FP Racing shorties, Driven clip-ons and D3 grips, PC3, SV1000 coils, Cf front mudguard, CF rear hugger, 17/40, RK gold chain, talon gold sprocket, Idealcycle undertray incl lights and indicators, Billet fuel cap, Pro-bolt, polished top triple, PC'd frame and swinger, K&N air filter, Yuasa.

Modded airbox, Riflemans 1/5th, Matt the Hat's TRE, EB headlight relay, Charging mod, + mod.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wiggilicious View Post
    Cheers Stu, do you have that list of acceptable years/ bike types etc?
    I think this is what you want.
    -Todd
    GSXR front end swap and R1 rear-tlrfork.jpg

That's exactly what i'm looking for, thanks Todd!

New TLR - Zero mods

Your welcome. Came in handy when I did mine.

Baby Twin
    Little late but just sae your post. I put a r1 shock as rotary damper replacement & so far it's working alot better then oem damper ever did. With rotary damper I could never get it adjusted right,was either way too hard on bumps or too soft. Then it started getting weird after shirt rides where it's like it wasn't there at all. Bouncing & wobbling in turns ect. I made a bracket at work bought the shock for like 50$ took maybe an hour or two to do. Hardest part was getting oem stuff off. Imo it was worth it especially if your on a budget

@Wiggi: WRT the damper on the yokes, you can buy the Hyperpro for £400 or you can buy a stir-fried knock-off for about £30. They do work ok and even if you toss it after a couple of years they are cheap enough to be considered disposable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-Steer...cAAOSwYB5dJxC1

I'm speaking from experience here. Fully adjustable and they go from barely noticeable to swimming through treacle. The one I have shows no sign of cavitation after a couple of years and the anodizing hasn't faded or discoloured.

Definitely a step-up from the stock steering damper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GSXR front end swap and R1 rear-new_gold_damper.jpg  
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelw83 View Post
    Little late but just sae your post. I put a r1 shock as rotary damper replacement & so far it's working alot better then oem damper ever did. With rotary damper I could never get it adjusted right,was either way too hard on bumps or too soft. Then it started getting weird after shirt rides where it's like it wasn't there at all. Bouncing & wobbling in turns ect. I made a bracket at work bought the shock for like 50$ took maybe an hour or two to do. Hardest part was getting oem stuff off. Imo it was worth it especially if your on a budget
    Hi Michael

Sound for that, i already bought an R1 shock and i'm going to leave the OEM spring in place. Do you by any chance have the measurement for the plate you made, spacers and bolt lengths etc? Could buy a kit on E-bay but he's looking for 140GPB for a few high tensile bolts and a piece of aluminium plate.

New TLR - Zero mods

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    @Wiggi: WRT the damper on the yokes, you can buy the Hyperpro for £400 or you can buy a stir-fried knock-off for about £30. They do work ok and even if you toss it after a couple of years they are cheap enough to be considered disposable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-Steer...cAAOSwYB5dJxC1

I'm speaking from experience here. Fully adjustable and they go from barely noticeable to swimming through treacle. The one I have shows no sign of cavitation after a couple of years and the anodizing hasn't faded or discoloured.

Definitely a step-up from the stock steering damper.
    Thanks for that man, interesting idea actually. I was going to change the fluid in the OEM but i might actually try your "stir-fried" idea LOL. Did it fit to OEM bracket?

New TLR - Zero mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links