2001 TL1000S questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 2001 TL1000S questions

Baby Twin
    Noledad, Hi, looks like all your questions have been answered.GriifG

Baby Twin
    Noledad, Hi again, Griff G here, I think that once any motorized vehicle gets over 10 years old, we take a chance if and when we but it. We can only go by what we are looking at and at that time what our eyes see. When I bought mine, it was the 15 minute test ride I did, that told me, take the chance,but it. That was two and a half years ago, alright it is a toy for me, I'm 67 and retired, I rode to the dealer's shop on my 2010 Kawasaki Concours [ GTR 1400 ABS ].
    So as yourself a sports tourer and now the pure sports bike sit under the patio, no one sits on them or else. My grand kids are too scared to go near them or touch them. Both have their quirks and their own feeling, the 1400 is a shaft drive, the TL is a chain, the 1400 has 155 horse power, the TL has 125 horse power, the 1400 weighs 300 kilograms, the TL weighs 200 kilograms, top speed of the 1400 is 270 kph, top speed of the TL is 260 kph. But it is the way the TL gets up to speed, pulling power is unreal, the 1400 is revs.
    The two bikes require different techniques when on the seat. My wife beats me to the 1400 every time we go out on it, alas the poor girl can't get on the TL, only one seat. She refuses to join in and polish either of them, but it is a man's thing I think.
    I run semi synthetic Penrite 10/40 engine oil, with a K and N filter. also a K ans N air filter, Michelin tyres and only the best fuel. my Tl loves fuel, but it also loves hills. As in a previous post, I ride the TL to amuse myself, not to impress other people, our top speed limit is 110 kph, I will leave traffic lights behind, I gear it up to 4000 rpm, I hit 110, and my face is just beaming.
    My TL is stock except for a pair of Sebring cans, it did have LED flashers but I changed back to stock ones. It has standard gearing, has covered 84,500 klms, [ about 52,000 miles ]. She has to be warmed up to about 50 degrees before moving off, otherwise the plugs may foul up. I run the chain a little slack, as the instant power when leaving a corner has been known to stand the bike up, so they say.
    Two guys in Australia, [ if their still alive, they are on the Zone, are, The Ring In, [ Stu ], and [ Steve of Steve's pages ]. Both very well up on everything TL. Nice blokes too. When asked when I will be to old to ride the TL, my answer was " When I can no longer get my right leg over the hump ".
    Hope this little bit of info is of use to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links