Complete new rear shock setup for a TL1000R
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete new rear shock setup for a TL1000R

Complete new rear shock setup for a TL1000R

I am trying to replace the rear shock on my landspeed TLR and to remove the 19 year old non working dampener unit.A company here in the USA has been tying to help me but I would have to leave the dampener unit in the smallest spring diameter they can get is 2.97 inches it will hit stock dampener linkage arm.Leaving dampener is dead weight I want to replace shock and remove dampener unit I need a shock 9.5 inches in length measuring from center to center on upper and lower shock mount bolt..The TLZONE has bailed me out many times I am hoping you TL owners can do it AGAIN...GO FAST BE SAFE And THANK YOU !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AMA187 View Post
    I am trying to replace the rear shock on my landspeed TLR and to remove the 19 year old non working dampener unit.A company here in the USA has been tying to help me but I would have to leave the dampener unit in the smallest spring diameter they can get is 2.97 inches it will hit stock dampener linkage arm.Leaving dampener is dead weight I want to replace shock and remove dampener unit I need a shock 9.5 inches in length measuring from center to center on upper and lower shock mount bolt..The TLZONE has bailed me out many times I am hoping you TL owners can do it AGAIN...GO FAST BE SAFE And THANK YOU !!!!!
    The 1098 Showa shock is the "cheap" rear end upgrade for the R rear. You have to cut the tab on the frame though...
    ... listen to Six5 ...

Quote Originally Posted by AMA187 View Post
    I am trying to replace the rear shock on my landspeed TLR and to remove the 19 year old non working dampener unit......
    This is the package you want.
    Wilbers Model 641.
    Fully adjustable and excellent quality.

https://www.wilbers-shop.de/en/Motor...ur=3&year=1999

January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

I found a couple 1098 shocks..Ducati 848 1098 1198 Ohlins Rear Shock...Ducati 1198 1098 848 rear Showa shock absorber 2 different ones only one says Showa? wont let me copy pictures

Thank You I will check into this

Complete new rear shock setup for a TL1000R-s-l1600.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	275.8 KB 
ID:	59538

The shock company that was helping keeps telling me I cant just remove dampener unit and replace shock I need dampener unit to maintain ride height and I need to install a working mechanism if I remove dampner?

When I first started looking Ohlins said shock kit # SU-806 would work but I cant find new one.

New 806s are available in Europe:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SU806-AMM...edirect=mobile

Not much difference in price between the Ohlins and the Wilbers new...

'97 TL1000S Streetfighter 'Evil Twin' - Full colour wiring diagrams - click here for UK TLS - click here for US TLS - click here for UK TLR - click here for US TLR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links