Tl1000s rear shock mount broke, is there a fix?!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tl1000s rear shock mount broke, is there a fix?!!

Baby Twin

Tl1000s rear shock mount broke, is there a fix?!!

My tl1000s has the upper shock mount broke, is there a modification for this or a fix. Or am I completely ruined? I don't have the bit that broke off

No. Can always fab another tab and have it welded by someone who is competent.
    Just a pain in the butt. Was it the upper left frame tab?

Easiest, best and cheapest solution in your case, is to forget about it and get a Bitubo shock that replaces the right hand side, spring on a stick.
    Get it sprung for weight and you will never look back. It will be a totally different bike.

Take a picture and post it.
    Double Trouble - Two Black 98 TLSs

Full Yosh RS3 stainless C/f cans, Ohlins/Bitubo SOAS 850lb spring, Ohlins damper/Race Tech Gold valves & 1kg springs/7.5wt oil, Brembo 19RCS/ZX750RR 96-99 Nissin 6 pots/Earls SS lines, air box mod/TLR bell mouths & tank oil return, PAIRed, Flashed, Rifleman's 1/5, Matt's TRE-3, 17-39 sprockets, Sam's GXSR /STM slipper, V2 RHA, Marvic rims.

M4 headers/Yosh Ti cans, Traxxion 05-R1 shock conversion/Bitubo SOAS 850lb spring/Ziggy's RHA, Attack Racing adjustable triples/Ohlins R&T FG838 forks/Ohlins damper, Brembo 19RCS/ZX750RR 96-99 Nissin 6 pots/rear GXSR 1K 01-02 Nissin caliper/Earls SS lines/Galfer wave rotors, Sam's GXSR/STM slipper clutch/Factory Pro shift kit, air box mod/TLR BM & TOR, PAIRed, Rifleman's 1/5, Matt's TRE-3, PVM 6 spoke rims/190-55/Gilles adjusters/Renthal 17-40 sprockets, + some Titanium, Ring in & Van bits....

Track Bike - 01 Aprilia RSV Mille R/RR - 08 Motor, 1102 Big Bore kit.

Baby Twin
    Ok thanks,
    I'll post a picture as soon as I get home.
    Have u any links to the bitubo shock I need or pictures?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Np, at work at present so I can't post a picture.
    Though this site or TL planet, look up speedking on the members list or in the group buy section.
    Sean is based out of the USA, very helpful with very fair pricing.
    He might have one in stock or perhaps order through him and get it shipped to you direct out of Italy.
    He has sold more than a few of them over the years. Tell him you need the full shock version and not the gutted version.

Bill.

Full Yosh RS3 stainless C/f cans, Ohlins/Bitubo SOAS 850lb spring, Ohlins damper/Race Tech Gold valves & 1kg springs/7.5wt oil, Brembo 19RCS/ZX750RR 96-99 Nissin 6 pots/Earls SS lines, air box mod/TLR bell mouths & tank oil return, PAIRed, Flashed, Rifleman's 1/5, Matt's TRE-3, 17-39 sprockets, Sam's GXSR /STM slipper, V2 RHA, Marvic rims.

M4 headers/Yosh Ti cans, Traxxion 05-R1 shock conversion/Bitubo SOAS 850lb spring/Ziggy's RHA, Attack Racing adjustable triples/Ohlins R&T FG838 forks/Ohlins damper, Brembo 19RCS/ZX750RR 96-99 Nissin 6 pots/rear GXSR 1K 01-02 Nissin caliper/Earls SS lines/Galfer wave rotors, Sam's GXSR/STM slipper clutch/Factory Pro shift kit, air box mod/TLR BM & TOR, PAIRed, Rifleman's 1/5, Matt's TRE-3, PVM 6 spoke rims/190-55/Gilles adjusters/Renthal 17-40 sprockets, + some Titanium, Ring in & Van bits....

Could also do a search on the two sites for, Bitubo shock TLS

Baby Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill R View Post
    Could also do a search on the two sites for, Bitubo shock TLS
    I was waiting for that reply

Lol, if you don't have any luck, pm me.
    It has been a while but I have speedkings email at home.

Bill.

Baby Twin
    That's the broke bit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tl1000s rear shock mount broke, is there a fix?!!-img_20190701_212020_5_1562014552119.jpg  

Baby Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill R View Post
    Lol, if you don't have any luck, pm me.
    It has been a while but I have speedkings email at home.

Bill.
    Ok thanks for that, at least now I know there is a way to save it, I was worried it was a case of a new frame!!

Tl1000s rear shock mount broke, is there a fix?!!-pic-5.jpgTl1000s rear shock mount broke, is there a fix?!!-tl1-6-2-.jpg
    Looks like the top left frame lug / mount.
    So the R1 shock conversion is out. (unless you repair it)
    The Bitubo shock is your best option and it is a very good option.
    It's really an upgrade, regardless of your broken lug.
    The one you see in the second pic is the gutted version, as I either run an R1 or Ohlins shock also on my bikes.
    The shock version has a remote compression canister but it will give the general idea and location.
    The other upside is you will loose 5.4 lbs. The replacement Bitubo shock weighs 5lbs, where as the stock rotary damper and
    the stock spring on a stick weigh 10.4 lbs combined.

Bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links