Fuel recall
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel recall

Fuel recall

Booked the music maker in today for an outstanding recall on the fuel system. It seems there is a problem with a fuel pipe inside the tank by the filter that should have been fixed free of charge by the stealers. Thought it was good of them to advise me of it taking into account its age.
    Blue and white ones are faster

Baby Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeblue View Post
    Booked the music maker in today for an outstanding recall on the fuel system. It seems there is a problem with a fuel pipe inside the tank by the filter that should have been fixed free of charge by the stealers. Thought it was good of them to advise me of it taking into account its age.
    I'm amazed they still have tanks available. Are they replacing yours or welding it? I've had the overflow pipe go on a few tanks. Or if my memory serves me correctly there was a recall many years ago which one of the rubber pipes on the fuel pump coming off? Jamie

Its something to do with the pump pipework that could make the bike cut out by reducing flow to the pump, the chap at the stealers isn't keen on doing the job says its a nightmare.
    I did enquire about parts availability and he recons suzuki built a full bike from new parts at a motorshow last year. TLR,s aparently have made it to a classic supplies list and he is confident any spare can be purchased.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Baby Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeblue View Post
    Its something to do with the pump pipework that could make the bike cut out by reducing flow to the pump, the chap at the stealers isn't keen on doing the job says its a nightmare.
    I did enquire about parts availability and he recons suzuki built a full bike from new parts at a motorshow last year. TLR,s aparently have made it to a classic supplies list and he is confident any spare can be purchased.
    Yes, I remember that one. Fairly easy to do, I don't know why they think it's hard. All it was from memory was a clip came loose so the pump didn't get the return fuel pressure. Glad it's thought of as a classic. J

Yeah me too, the service chap recons spares will be available for some time yet but at what cost if its true ?
    He mentioned something needed to be set at 6mm, a new pipe, gasket and a sticker under the tank.

Baby Twin
    Arhhh... the good old fuel pump gasket.

Despite what people say the gasket is reusable. So you have a oval shaped squashable gasket that seals the pump to the tank.
    So think of the gasket as a flat oval plate with a 'c' seal on the inner edge. The 'C' section is metal shape covered in rubber. As the pump mating bolts get torqued up (there is a specific order and amount), the 'C' shape get squashed to different thicknesses around the pump to take up the variations in the tank mating face in most cases.

The 'C' shape can be reset to maximum width again by running something preferably round and smooth like a socket extension bar around the edge at 90 degrees to the gasket with a bit of grease on the lips.

Then do the bolts up in the correct order and amount. Basically opposite sides like most things and a little at a time. J

Ah right, every day is a school day hence his comments on it being a nightmare. I advised him the tank has just been painted, fingers crossed.

Well its a week after the recall and no leaks yet. The music machine spent only 90 mins on the slab and apart from the rain when I collected rain all is good.

Mikeblue glad to hear all went well with the recall and fingers xd shes ok now. Out of curiosity did you get the bike tank repainted to its original spec or have you gone for something different? Also did you use a local garage? and what was the finish/quality of work like? I need mine repairing so looking for someone good. Thanks mike.

I got the tank painted by a friend of a friend in original colours the decals i purchased on bay a chap based in bulgaria. The paint finish is outstanging maybe better tha new. I could ask him if he would do yours if you like ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links