1000r no power to ignition

Thread: 1000r no power to ignition

Baby Twin

1000r no power to ignition

If anybody's bike cuts out when running it's just took me 2 hours to find out why but check the wires from ignition barrel under the tank they sit on top of the radiator and mine were snapped so if anybody has same problem check here first hope this helps john

Odd failure. The loom from the ignition switch on my TLR is not even near the radiator.

Still, thanks for the heads up, and welcome to the Zone Johnboy!
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Platinum Subscriber JoshCampbell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnboytlr View Post
    ... the wires from ignition barrel under the tank they sit on top of the radiator and mine were snapped ...
    Well that's a new one

The ignition Cylinder wire should be covered by a durable sheath and routed through a metal ring just below the triple. From there it gets routed between the forks and attaches to a small loom clip benieth the tank along the left side of the frame.

1000r no power to ignition-image.jpeg
    1000r no power to ignition-image.jpeg1000r no power to ignition-image.jpeg

Maybe I'm wrong here though. I can't seem to find any decent images in my stash.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Platinum Subscriber JoshCampbell's Avatar
    Ok, I see what the OP is saying now. The green plug at the front of the frame is the ignition wire. It does, in fact, route between the forks, above the radiator, and sits under the tank. Still have no clue as to what could sever them though. Unless he's missing that protective plastic shroud.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1000r no power to ignition-img_0064_1527654236572.jpg   1000r no power to ignition-img_1901_1527654671802.jpg  
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

Sponsored Links