The Yellow TL1000R - A myth?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Yellow TL1000R - A myth?

The Yellow TL1000R - A myth?

With well over 100 TLSs and 's in attendance over the 2 day anniversary bash in Donington one thing was rather conspicuous in its absence... What happened to the Yellow TL1000R? All other colours were there in abundance including some incredibly trick paint jobs, race reps, complete carbon bikes and yellow TLSs but not a yellow TLR in sight...

Were they a myth perpetrated by the Suzuki Marketing department? Were they actually there but appear to be moving so fast whilst stationary that they don't appear on camera? Did they all break down en-route and the bye-ways of Britain are festooned with yellow Suzukis? Have they all been repainted or are they just becoming extinct?

Should Oxfam be doing an advert on this issue?
    dragonz likes this.

'97 TL1000S Streetfighter 'Evil Twin' - Full colour wiring diagrams - click here for UK TLS - click here for US TLS - click here for UK TLR - click here for US TLR

well, I owned one for about 18months.... they do exist but you don't see them often.
    130.8bhp and 77.2 ft.lbs. - Carbon Air Tubes - Race Airbox - Hyper Pro Sterring Damper - Hyper Pro rear Damper - VooDoo RearSets - OZ wheels - Yoshi Exhaust - Van top Triple - Driven Clip-ons - HID Projector Headlight - Custom Radiator Protector - Samco Coolant Hoses - Fan Switch Mod - TRE - DB Smoked Screan - Hell Brake & Clutch Lines - Tail Tidy - Hugger - LED Rear Cluster - Carbon Frame Covers - Black Shorty Levers - K9 Busa Radial Forks - GSXR1000 M/C - 1/5th Throtle Insert - GSXR1000 k9 front fender - Van Sprocket Cover

Quote Originally Posted by Zipcode View Post
    well, I owned one for about 18months.... they do exist but you don't see them often.
    Past tense Nick...

'97 TL1000S Streetfighter 'Evil Twin' - Full colour wiring diagrams - click here for UK TLS - click here for US TLS - click here for UK TLR - click here for US TLR

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Platinum Subscriber JoshCampbell's Avatar

Red are the rare ones
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

There were blue & white, black, red, carbon fibre and white fully faired TLRs present... No yellows

Platinum Subscriber JoshCampbell's Avatar
    In that case I'll start the bidding at $5200.00

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

wrong side of the pond mate!
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCampbell View Post
    In that case I'll start the bidding at $5200.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckshop Ted View Post
    wrong side of the pond mate!

Of course, Ted, shipping is an additional cost - to be expected for such a rare specimen.
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

It's a bit of a dodo really isn't it?

Let's just allow it to die out with some little dignity..........

After all, we have the TLS.............................
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Yellow painting was made only in particular year or for export to us?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links