Stripped!

Thread: Stripped!

Baby Twin

Stripped!

The threads on my oil pressure sensor/switch are stripped. Any suggestions on the best way to fix this (Heli-Coil, TIME-SERT, JBWeld)? And what size are the threads?! I haven't been able to figure it out.

Apparently, the previous owner stripped the threads and reinstalled the sensor with a bunch of silicone tape. The tape came loose and went inside the sensor intake hole, triggering a warning light, which led to me taking out the sensor and finding the problem.

I've never used Heli-Coil, TIME-SERT, JBWeld, or any other method to fix a stripped hole in aluminum or any other kind of metal, so detailed instructions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

its a taper thread so no helicoil or timesert options there.

go to a hydraulic hose shop and show then the sender and ask if they have an adapter to a larger male thread. then get them to thread the case to suit

or source one with a straight thread and a flat flange and then you may be able heli coil but I doubt the hole is deep enough for a helicoil tap

or thread it to 10mm and use a banjo fitting to run a hose to a remote sender

or take it to a welder and get the boss welded and retap

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

Baby Twin

Stripped Aluminum Thread - oil pressure sensor/switch

Hmmm . . . repairing a simple little hole might be a bigger problem than I thought. Wood is so much easier. I guess I have a few options to think about.

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links