what year cbr shock fits the tlr?

Thread: what year cbr shock fits the tlr?

Baby Twin

what year cbr shock fits the tlr?

What year fits it and what exactly needs to be done to make it fit? I really need to get this sorted it's taking away from the pleasure of riding the bike

I used a shock off a CBR600RR but HEAVILY modified................the OEM spring is about as much use as a choco fireguard! what year cbr shock fits the tlr?-rearshockmod002.jpg
    Mark.

TLOTM JULY '11

People I will not deal with: tl1000s/tl1000r Will/2012-krystal or whatever he decides he might/might not call himself.

Take a look at the Hagon TLR shock. Its cheap enough to make the CBR conversion obsolete. Its a straight drop-in, comes with all the mounts so for 300 quid you could save yourself a bunch of time and effort.

https://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/catal....aspx?TypeID=M
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Baby Twin
    Ok do u have one on your bike? If so how does it preform?

Must confess I don't (I've got an Ohlins) but I've looked at the Hagon unit and they are built pretty well for the money. As per the link there are two types. The cheap one is a single unit or there's one with a remote reservoir/adjuster. Given that almost anything is going to be better than the rotary damper it will be an improvement.
    I've used Hagons on other bikes in the past and they've been ok. True, it won't be up to Ohlins standards but then its a fraction of the price.

Given the work needed to get a 2nd hand CBR shock into shape you could do a lot worse than the Hagon. Its got a 2 year warranty and they will custom build it if like me you are of, shall we say, a larger stature. You are going to need to respring the Honda unit anyway. Why not have one built to suit from new?
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Baby Twin
    Ok thanks is there any other r/r that fits the tlr?

Sponsored Links