Throttle Response UNDER 4k RPM's - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Response UNDER 4k RPM's

TB Balancing Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Six5 View Post
    It's unfortunate that we don't have a good sticky thread on TB balancing in the Frequent Mods Forum, in view of how often this discussion comes up. If a good reference were documented somewhere, I might be less inclined to give someone the wrong instructions next time.
    That's what I'm saying. All forum members have been encouraging me to do the TB sync for the longest time. But except for the knowledgeable responses in this thread and others like it, I haven't had a lot of info to help guide me thru the process. And the computers where I work block a lot of the "photobucket" images on this forum. So I don't get to see all the posted pics of setups, tubing, hardware, etc.
    Several members recommended the 2-cycle engine oil. But as soon as I started pouring it in... I knew something was wrong. I let it set all night to try to get the fluid to settle. But it was still coated on the side where I poured it in. And maybe the cold weather doesn't help (~50 degrees!).

So I'm going to attempt the TB sync again. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday. I'd like all the advice I can get before I do it again right here in this thread.
    I'm planning the same setup...
    Throttle Response UNDER 4k RPM's-ruler.jpg
    but with more flexible tubing. And I'll plug the tubing right onto the TB nipples. I'll use the single nipple on the front TB and the bottom nipple on the rear TB. And I'll buy some Automatic Transmission Fluid unless someone has a better suggestion.

1) Should I poke a hole or install anything into the tubing?
    2) Is Automatic Trans Fluid the best fluid?
    3) Is there any way for me to hook something up to the tubing that will prevent fluid from being sucked into the TB's?
    4) I understand most use 1/4" tubing. Would 3/16" be too small an opening? Or would that be better for a tighter seal on the nipples?

Any other advice on how to make the setup more effective (especially in colder weather) please let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by pencon View Post
    ...You also haven't mentioned whether or not you changed out your fuel filter.
    I have not changed the fuel filter or anything fuel related because the bike performs much better above 4k RPM's. Now that I know there are 2 sets of fuel injectors, I may try getting them cleaned. But I've got to get the bike back to "normal" first. Actually, it seems there are a lot of changes to the bike around 4k RPM's. So I've got plenty of exploring to do once I get this TB sync done right.

Can someone look on Amazon and let me know what tubing would be best? I've checked at my local Petco and Petsmart but they don't have anything clear AND 1/4". I just don't want to buy the wrong stuff again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Go to Lowes or Home Depot for the tubing.
    I got the meter stick or however length it is & the tubing there.

& as far as getting whatever liquid you want in there.
    Just make sure the tubing is long enough.
    Put one end in the liquid & suck it through with your mouth on the other end & stop when both sides are evenly about 25 to 35% of the way up the ruler.

As for getting the liquid to settle evenly.
    Its easy.
    Go outside, grab the ends of the tubing and swing that sum bitch around in circles, so it pushes the liquid to the bottom of the ruler.

As long as its all taped up good enough.

If you use Trans fluid.
    DO NOT leave it out in the sunlight for a day or two.
    I forgot mine outside in the sun & it went from the normal Red to a light see through red.

If you find a friend with a computer that lets u see the thread you will learn what you need

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

6-5 I think I need to spend some more time on my web site you are right.

damn and I was just being a smart arse with the mercury thing.

good to see I'm not the only one who puts info to the acid test

the ring-in :

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

6-5 here is a link to the pics. on my website

I'll fill in the text and instructions later

http://www.banghead.info/tl1000resources/vacuum.html

cheers stu

Quote Originally Posted by The Ring-In View Post
    6-5 here is a link to the pics. on my website

I'll fill in the text and instructions later

http://www.banghead.info/tl1000resources/vacuum.html
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Ok, looks like I can perform a better TB sync with the right tubing and some transmission fluid. But what do I do if the bike is running like CRAP?
    Is there a default TB sync position? Or some way to manually get the TB sync close? I can barely get the thing to idle and it's backfiring like crazy. I'd rather not go through the time it takes to get the bike up to the operating temp while it's running so bad.

Also, on closer inspection today, I noticed there are no plugged nipples on the rear TB. Manual looks like all nipples on the right side are supposed to be connected to something. And only one nipple on the left (rear TB) should be connected to the vacuum system. The manual suggests both TB's should have a capped nipple on the LEFT side. This may be one of many reasons why my first TB sync went so poorly. This may also be a reason why the bike is running so poorly now. I will try to trace all vac lines and make sure they line up with the manual before performing another TB sync. This may be another thing the previous owner botched when putting the bike back together after the chrome job.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links