SOAS removal

Thread: SOAS removal

Evil Twin

SOAS removal

just planning on a few jobs over winter and one of them is to soak the SOAS in oil to hopefully make it work better and stop a slight squeak.
    So my question is can it be removed without taking the damper unit out. The manual seems to suggest taking the damper out first but I am hoping that is not the case.

Whilst I am asking what diameter rod fits through the swingarm pivot so I can jack her up to do the SOAS work.

Cheers in advance
    Don't shock the bike and the bike won't shock you....

Your question seems to indicate you are referring to a TLS......

A 5/8" rod will fit through the swing arm pivot.

The damper does not need to be removed, but the job will be easier if the bolt holding the damper link to the swing arm is removed. This will allow the swing arm to move downward, and give you better access to remove the SOAS.
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Evil Twin
    Cheers six5, yep it's for my 97 TLS. That will help me keep busy over Christmas and New Year
    Don't shock the bike and the bike won't shock you....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

I drilled a small hole in the body of my SOAS and spray some chain oil in there to stop the squeak.......but in reality I need a new unit.
    Yoshi RS3 bolt on's, Vandriver gold sprocket cover, Pipercross airfilter, Homemade transistor TRE, Mike Ford oil filler cap, Irridium plugs , PCIII usb, Rifleman 1/5 insert, Home made radiator gaurd, Powerbronze yellow tinted screen. cf hugger. Mini indicators, Airbox mod, Polished heel guards

Sponsored Links