Strange things happening with my TLR - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange things happening with my TLR

NJD
    Thanks for that

Oh, one more question, is the only fuel filter on the tlr the one in the tank?

2001 Blue & White TL1000R
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mods Completed
    Smart 2G Timing Retard Eliminator ~ K & N Air Filter ~ 1/5th Throttle Insert ~ Scorpion Race Cans ~ Dynojet Power Comander II ~ Topgun Under Tail ~ Powerbronze Hugger ~ Hammerit DB Dark Smoke Screen ~ Ohlins Rear Shock
    ~ R & G Racing Swing Arm Protectors ~ R & G Racing Cotton Reels ~ R & G Racing Fork Protectors ~

The Wish List
    Gilles Chian Adjusters & Lifters ~ Gilles Rearsets ~ Pazzo Racing Shorty Levers ~

Quote Originally Posted by NJD View Post
    Thanks for that

Oh, one more question, is the only fuel filter on the tlr the one in the tank?
    Yep, same on TLR and TLS.. Recommend you to do the inline fuelfilter mod when you have the tank open.. And make sure you follow the instructions to the letter when you put back the fuelpump.. Using the correct torque and order when you tighten the bolts are critical.. Clean the surface where the gasket sits thorougly.. And swap the OEM pinch-type hoseclamps to ones that you tighten with a screwdriver..
    TL1000S -97
    Bitubo rear shock, custom undertail, highpipes, hugger, Barnett clutchsprings, Airbox mod, K&N airfilter, inline fuelfilter mod, thermostat mod, Ivans TRE, +mod, charging mod, headlight relay mod, Speedohealer, TLR Brake M/C, Nissin 4-pots front calipers with Goodridge lines.

NJD
    Would a fuel pump on the fritz also account for excessive fuel usage too?

like 50 miles to 12 litres of fuel?

2001 Blue & White TL1000R
    Mods Completed
    Smart 2G Timing Retard Eliminator ~ K & N Air Filter ~ 1/5th Throttle Insert ~ Scorpion Race Cans ~ Dynojet Power Comander II ~ Topgun Under Tail ~ Powerbronze Hugger ~ Hammerit DB Dark Smoke Screen ~ Ohlins Rear Shock
    ~ R & G Racing Swing Arm Protectors ~ R & G Racing Cotton Reels ~ R & G Racing Fork Protectors ~

The Wish List
    Gilles Chian Adjusters & Lifters ~ Gilles Rearsets ~ Pazzo Racing Shorty Levers ~

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Sounds normal for my tiller.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Sounds a bit much.. I do approx 160 km on 12 litres.. Thats about 25mpg...
    TL1000S -97
    Bitubo rear shock, custom undertail, highpipes, hugger, Barnett clutchsprings, Airbox mod, K&N airfilter, inline fuelfilter mod, thermostat mod, Ivans TRE, +mod, charging mod, headlight relay mod, Speedohealer, TLR Brake M/C, Nissin 4-pots front calipers with Goodridge lines.

There's an internal filter in each injector. RC Engineering replaces the internl filter too when they recondition your injectors.
    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

It seems like 9 out of 10 people can't figure out how to time the cams properly, resulting in a lot of rebuilt TL engines with bad cam timing off half a tooth. So I'd sure check that out.
    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links