Adjusting TPS; way to "zero-in" idle?

Thread: Adjusting TPS; way to "zero-in" idle?

Baby Twin

Adjusting TPS; way to "zero-in" idle?

Planning to adjust my TPS; watched the video, looks easy enough, but I need to baseline my idle beforehand. I played with the adjustment knob when I had starting issues; combined with the fast idle lever I'm at ~1200rpm. But only if I leave the lever on for the duration of my ride; otherwise the bike runs lean and dies, so it's just "bandaided" at the moment.

My question is, since I don't know where the adjustment knob is realtive to its OEM position, is there a way to "zero-in" with it so I know my TPS adjustments are accurate? I can think to warm up the bike, turn down the lever, and slowly spin the knob until I'm at 1200rpm, but such seems like a crude trial-by-error.

Any other suggestions? ECM's showing c00 and my plugs/fluids are all new.

Thanks

c00 is all good

adjust the tps and idle together. one affects the other.

its a game of cat and mouse

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

Baby Twin
    So is there a way perferable to what I described for setting 1200rpm? Or is it really as simple as turning off the fast idle and just spinning the adjustment knob either way until it's where I need it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Ride it like you stole it.

TLS CF cans;homemade SATRE;Airbox mod;K&N airfilter;'97 temp sensor mod;Iridium plugs;SV1000Coils;TLR bellmouths;OEM-style smoked screen;HH sintered pads front and rear;Metal Gear rotors;OEM mirror mounts blanked;bar-end mirror;short rear fender with homemade numberplate/indicator bracket;damper mount mod;Riflemans clear clutch cover and 1/5 throttle insert;Barnett clutch springs;Mini indicators;2.5wt oil in stock damper;PC II;Bitubo rear shock;Forks up 5mm with Race Tech internals - 1kg/mm springs, custom shimstack,re-valve, piston and cartridge kit;braided front brake line;billet sprocket cover;charging mod;plus mod;clutch-switch relay by-pass;stainless xhaust studs/brass nuts;welded clutch...

TLR 'Fighter: https://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki-...r-build-2.html

1200revs is too low imho, I prefer to run at just under 1500revs at idle........

Rich
    __________________________________________________ _______

2001 Blue/White TLR. Just about all metalwork satin black powdercoated! Smart TRE, PCIII,ART cans, K&n Air filter, Fanswitch Mod (thanks to TlrTim), Welded clutch (thanks to Sam) , Plus Mod, braided hoses.

Sponsored Links