Steering Dampner Assembly - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steering Dampner Assembly

yes a DAMPINER might work

Only in a New York dictionary.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

yu no how it bees sun !

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Piece my bruthers

Alright, now that everyone has gotten their kicks; does anyone know where I can obtain a steering DAMPER at a fair price? I'm seeing the NOS OEM stuff going for $400 for a complete assembly, but has anyone know where I can get something for say half that price?

Turtle,
    Bracket: just top, but I have seen it is all you need.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-98-99-00-...-/251450687465

Cheap ass bottom if you want reinforcement:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-2001-01...-/190585140850

Damper:
    Janky, offer him $20, then powder it or just paint it... Then replace the nasty oil that will be in it with 5W good stuff.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-01-Suzuki...-/330920945850

Leftover rattle cans and had fun. Cheap appliance epoxy, cheaper black, brushed to create some color streaks, then a clear. FREE from extra paint sitting around.

There you go sir. $50...
    ... listen to Six5 ...

Nothing to see here...move along actls's Avatar
    Tortugatron, get a hold of Dave Moss and get your suspension set up properly then you won't have a need for a damper. If you really must have one, keep an eye out in the sale threads for a part out. One or two Scott's dampers for the TLS were recently sold for less than $300 (each) over on TLP, just need to keep your eyes open.

http://www.crstuning.com/
    People not to buy from
    ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch

People that are great to deal with
    ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, The Ring-In, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Danny Never, h0ssman...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

I was kind of thinking the same thing about getting the suspension dialed in. I haven't had any issues so far with speed wobble (knock on wood), and I do prefer the feeling of not having super stiff steering in low speed maneuvers. I'll drop a line sometime in the near future, since I know I'm due for a valve adjustment as well.

"Alright, now that everyone has gotten their kicks; does anyone know where I can obtain a steering DAMPER at a fair price? I'm seeing the NOS OEM stuff going for $400 for a complete assembly, but has anyone know where I can get something for say half that price?"

I have a couple of OEM dampers that have already had the oil changed,one has 5w and the other 2.5w. I liked the 2.5 w myself
    You are welcome to one if the postage isn't worth more than the part.
    Unfortunately they are for an R so you'd still need to locate mounts for an S
    Red 98 TLR but looks like a yellow 02.Full Yoshi system ,airbox mod,Penske rear,SS brake lines,SteveTLS TRE,TLRstacker Sliders,Rifleman 1/5 throttle,TheRingIn swingarm pivots ,Pipercross filter,Pazzo levers,Vandriver tailrisers,Motty AFR Tuner,Projector headlights,GSXR forks,TheRingIn 30mm triple clamp offset, R1 Wheels ,brakes and swingarm,Ohlins steering damper...and counting. .......... PICK THE POINT IN THE SIG WHERE I JOINED TLZ

Insert lame S vs R wisecrack here...

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing."
    Douglas Adams

TLOTM Sept 2011........ BBOTM Nov 2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links