Stator Question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1hero41

Thread: Stator Question

Stator Question

Hey what's up guys. I just found out that my bike needs another stator.

I've been shopping around and found a few, but some have what is called a "Stator Pulser Trigger Coil" connected to it where you also don't need to nip the 3 wires and attach them to the connector for the Voltage Regulator. Others don't have the Stator Pulser Trigger Coil, but you do have to attach the 3 wires to the connector yourself.

What does the Stator Pulser Trigger Coil do, and does it matter whether I purchase a stator with or without one?

Thanks guys

It takes in a pulse from a small electromagnet, relays that to a CDI, which creates spark. It is a timing mechanism. The ECU handles the timing pulse to the the coils, a la our TLs don't have them.
    ... listen to Six5 ...

a la our TLs don't have them.

YES they DO!

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Listen to Stu. Period. I'm an armchair quarterback. At best...

I should have said our TLs don't have CDIs. Not implied they don't have pulse triggers.
    ... listen to Six5 ...

problem is right now that they are coming to the age where they are becoming problematic.

i replaced one last week and have replaced maybe 4 over the last 2 years.

they may throw a c12 code or none at all but its symptomatic of bad running and misfire.

choose a replacement with a trigger if its offered and play safe for the future

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

I pulled the Stator out finally to return it to Ricks. They told me the reason it failed was there was a foreign object that was in under the stator cover that caused the damage which made it short out(I did see lil metal pieces which probably came from the old stator). Idk what happened, but I'm gonna do it myself to make sure it's done right this time. Should there be a magnet located in the area where the stator and flywheel goes? The mechanic who installed my returned stator said there was supposed to be one (I don't think there is, because the flywheel itself is magnetic.) Also, do I tighten the stator bolts and stator cover bolts down as tight as I can get them with a tool? The same mechanic told me to hand tighten them which I doubt that is correct also. I'll be going to the dealer from now on to be sure though.

You're right.. I pulled the cover to remove the stator and found that too.
    duc1986 likes this.

Sponsored Links