Nose job
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Nose job

Nose job

Ho ho ho. New toy arrived today.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_P...it?usp=sharing

Its a good solid piece of kit.

Picked up a nice, shiny set of gixer 1000 K5 forks over the weekend to replace the slightly ropey K4 items that are in the tiller now. All being well by Monday it will be job done. Will post a pic or two once its done. Not that it will look any different from a distance to how it does now but I won't have bubbly DLC on my forks any more.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Evil Twin
    Uh, maybe it's me, but all I see is blank screen when I hit your link.

It does that. Upper left hand corner there should be a large black arrow pointing down. Click that and it should open.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

One Liter Duc Eater geofftl1000r's Avatar
    Nice stand.... I have some Busa forks/radial calipers to fit....... if you want a second opinion on the stand.....
    " I started out with nuthin' and I still got most of it left"
    1999 TLR, Ohlins rear shock, Ohlins steering damper, HID projectors, needing a paint job.
    1995 GSX600FS did me proud for many years 60K+ miles and only 1 clutch cable ever went wrong. Now rotting in the shed.
    2013 VZR1800 'The Intruder'. 2nd gear went at 42K miles rebuilt at 47K miles. Eats miles, great touring machine.

Still can't see that ... whatever it is ... on my IPad.
    The force is strong in this one!

Safari - the worlds most irritating web browser. Ah nuts. One of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4006150053...84.m1497.l2648

Quote Originally Posted by geofftl1000r View Post
    Nice stand.... I have some Busa forks/radial calipers to fit....... if you want a second opinion on the stand.....
    As long as I get it back afterwards....

Ah I bought one of those exact beasts for my TL ..... good bit of kit. You have to move the horn on the TLS to make it work.
    The force is strong in this one!

Do you have a TLR or TLS?

Looks a lot like mine. I made an assortment of stem pins of various lengths, or you could make one pin with multiple holes for different heights. Installing front wheels is easier (more clearance with the wheel able to be lower as you slide it in) if you take a large hammer and flatten the cross-brace between the handle ends. Even a half-inch there is useful if you want to avoid removing the front fender to get the wheel in & out.
    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

One Liter Duc Eater geofftl1000r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    As long as I get it back afterwards....
    Thanks, that wouldn't be a problem.

I had one of these delivered from the same company just 2 weeks ago. Now £25 cheaper!!! Not sure the TLR would fit on it though. I have that big lump in the advert.
    " I started out with nuthin' and I still got most of it left"
    1999 TLR, Ohlins rear shock, Ohlins steering damper, HID projectors, needing a paint job.
    1995 GSX600FS did me proud for many years 60K+ miles and only 1 clutch cable ever went wrong. Now rotting in the shed.
    2013 VZR1800 'The Intruder'. 2nd gear went at 42K miles rebuilt at 47K miles. Eats miles, great touring machine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links