Nose job - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Nose job

who needs stands

ps the block of wood on the cylinder is not doing anything before anyone gets worried
    www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk

I want to ride like hell on my TL

Sky hooks!
    stu_m likes this.
    The force is strong in this one!

it was a fine balancing act!!

A mate has one of those stands which I tried but the peg was too big!! even with the sleeve removed so it was on its smallest setting!!
    www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk

I want to ride like hell on my TL

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Bricking it myself...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nose job-on_bricks1.jpg  
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

So the new stand works a treat. Comes with a set of interchangeable adapters to fit the headstock. The 13 is perfect for the TL.

Only trouble is moron here overlooked the fact that he's now got a gixer front spindle in and hasn't bought the right tool to undo the damn thing. Luckily I hadn't started tearing things apart before it registered. Must pencil a note in the margin of my manual. Something along the lines of, "Your TL is now half GSX-R - dumbass!".

stu_m likes this.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

And of course the K6 forks use a different spindle to the K4 forks. Those boys at Suzuki do like to change things.....

Anyone using EBC front discs? I'm going to need a set of 310mm disc to fit the K6 setup.

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    Anyone using EBC front discs? I'm going to need a set of 310mm disc to fit the K6 setup.
    I've got a pair on my spare wheel.

Good? Bad? Indifferent? I can get the EBCs quicker than the Allbike options which would be my choice otherwise. My current discs are from Allbike Engineering in Greenwich and they've been really good. Trouble is there's going to be a bit of a wait on turnaround for a new set and I'm currently riding on forked forks. I want to get the new ones in asap.

I'd expect the EBC items to be fine but nice to get an endorsement if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    ... Good? Bad? Indifferent? ... I'd expect the EBC items to be fine but nice to get an endorsement if I can ....
    Ummm! Not sure I can give you a proper endorsement. I've only ridden the TLS with them on a couple of times and TBH I was not trying to assess the brakes ... I already knew the brakes were not up to much. As a rule ... most people I know that have replaced the OEM items on various bikes have opted for EBC. Price point is fair and the product looks of good quality. Can't be more specific myself perhaps others will chime in on this matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links