... and you did WHAT to your TL today?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: ... and you did WHAT to your TL today?

... and you did WHAT to your TL today?

Well I've just cleaned my commute scoot. Filled the TL with fuel to check the newly installed tank and filter mod for leaks ... perfect! Fired her up .... lovely. Polished the Daytona and it's still only 09:30 .... postie arrives bearing gifts .....

Finally the missing gear lever from MFW ..... great bit of kit. Quick coffee and I'll go fit it!!!

The force is strong in this one!

GYSOT ....
    cham and BlksTLr1000 like this.

Beauty
    2000 Yellow TLR
    - Suspension: Speedking K5 Busa forks w/Racetech .95K springs, Bitubo rear shock & carbon fiber steering damper
    - Drivetrain: Stealth rear sprocket +2 w/Driven alum nuts, EK MVXZ gold 530 chain, Driven 17t frnt sprocket
    - Brakes: Nissin front/rear calipers, radial brake/clutch M/C, Hel Ti brake lines, all Ti Banjos & brake disc bolts
    - Controls: Woodcraft rearsets & 2" riser clip-ons w/carbon fiber bars
    - Sliders: Lockhart Phillips carbon frame sliders, Vandriver front axle sliders, Driven rear axle sliders
    - Engine: Yoshimura full race system w/Titanium cans & Jet-Hot Sterling coated headers, BMC Race air filter, MattTheHat TRE/Yosh box remap [email protected]:00, NGK CR9EIX Iridium plugs, Mobil-1 15w-50
    - Accessories: Quick release seat/tank, Gilles Ti axle & swingarm nut, Scorpio alarm, Vandriver: rear brake reservoir, sprocket cover, clear clutch cover w/slider, triple tree, Zero Gravity light smoke DB screen

- 20,500mi - 120 RWHP & 69 ft/lbs of torque

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 762fmj View Post

GYSOT ....
    Nicely engineered...

'course you won't be needing that tax disc holder any more....
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    'course you won't be needing that tax disc holder any more....
    D'ya know what I was really impressed with the reworking of the vehicle taxation process. It brings a great deal of efficiency to the process. For once they've come up with a useful change ... No tax disc required. Tax costs a little less if you go for the six months variety. SORN has been simplified too. Like the fact that it takes a couple of minutes online to get tax sorted. All good! Better if they just scrapped it all together though.

Another day then. This day requires me scanning eBay for a later model thermostat housing now that I have the prescribed pump cover. Nothing coming up yet though. Actually I'll check with Mick Douch he's normally got a bunch of stuff. Do you guys know him? He breaks TLS's ... he's provided me with some great bits over the last few months ... good bloke to deal with too.

Quote Originally Posted by 762fmj View Post
    D'ya know what I was really impressed with the reworking of the vehicle taxation process. It brings a great deal of efficiency to the process. For once they've come up with a useful change ... No tax disc required. Tax costs a little less if you go for the six months variety. SORN has been simplified too. Like the fact that it takes a couple of minutes online to get tax sorted. All good! Better if they just scrapped it all together though.
    Still think they should have put it straight on to fuel. If you have bought fuel, you've paid tax, if you do more miles you pay more tax, if your vehicle is a fuel guzzler you pay more tax.

Simples.
    You hear that? That's the sound of money exploding!

Also sv 650 will work after 03 and DL vstrom.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-SV-...item3a8b597a14 just use your top for the right outlet bend.
    762fmj likes this.
    Thanks to Sparky,Mick and zone members for making my new silver dream machine so special to me and Diane. My 97 engine and wheels and 99 frame with kind donations to make this beautiful bike possible. k7 radial front forks and calipers, R powder coated swingarm with steel custom brackets and Honda 900 Hornet rear shock and 1100 lbs spring. R headers welded onto S front down pipe,home made front damper mod, pc111 usb, airbox mod, Art twin outlet oval cans, hydro clutch and Barnett springs,TRE, K&N Filter, gap mod tray,carbon undertray,tiny indys,top yoke conversion to mx bars,R6 throttle tube, Later ecu so no more stumbles at 3000 revs.6 spring clutch fitted with custom black pressure plate and clear clutch cover, cheers sparky,adam,chris and stu for the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by TLR-Matt View Post
    ... Still think they should have put it straight on to fuel. If you have bought fuel, you've paid tax, if you do more miles you pay more tax, if your vehicle is a fuel guzzler you pay more tax ...
    That'd be my preferred option ... then everyone pays ... and you can get rid of a whole unwieldy lump of bureaucracy and civil servant types.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links