... and you did WHAT to your TL today? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: ... and you did WHAT to your TL today?

Bugger! Took the bike up the road again today quick circuit and then dropped into the gas station to pick up a copy of 'Practical Sportsbike' .... I quite like that mag.

Decided to have a ferkle with the front suspension. Set the spring pre load and rebound damping back to factory. Then went for the compression damping ... left hand screw adjuster is solid ..... bit of penetrating juice and an impact driver but that fecker won't budge. How hard can I hit it?
    The force is strong in this one!

GP Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by 762fmj View Post
    Bugger! Took the bike up the road again today quick circuit and then dropped into the gas station to pick up a copy of 'Practical Sportsbike' .... I think quite like that mag.

Decided to have a ferkle with the front suspension. Set the spring pre load and rebound damping back to factory. Then went for the compression damping ... left hand screw adjuster is solid ..... bit of penetrating juice and an impact driver but that fecker won't budge. How hard can I hit it?
    how big the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by adstl View Post
    how big the hammer
    Hmmmm ..... 21oz weight forward Estwing ...

Trouble is I don't know if it's fully in or fully out or somewhere in between.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

i bought 3.2 kgs lighter battery for my TLS today
    tlh and Troy like this.
    MY BIKE: 1998 TLS 107.52 Hp and 71 lb-ft.
    MODS: Yoshimura rs3, Akrapovic headers(not mounted yet), K&N air filter, power commander 2, custom sprocket cover,
    custom top triple clamp, shorty levers, clear taillight, undertray, indicators, brake lines, "fabbri" windscreen, 17/40 sprockets, fan switch mod, TRE, Ohlins rear shock, gsxr750 k5 forks, gsxr fender, r1 calipers, custom clutch actuator cap, frame sliders, axle sliders, sv belly pan, eazi-grip tank grips, 916 style mount Sprint damper, Maxton spring, modded airbox, fuel filter mod, PVM 5Y, exhaust sliders.
    SOMEDAY: adjustable rearsets, quick shifter.

https://www.tlzone.net/forums/bike-pi...ridouts-7.html

tlh
    I looked at the old girl. She still is pretty.
    [/URL]
    Troy likes this.
    TLs 1997 Black, Dymag wheels, Ohlins rear, Hyperpro spring, Ohlins R/T FG 43 fork, Ohlins SD 146 steering damper, Braking waves front and rear, K&N, Yoshimura Titanium bolt ons, PCII (needs some setup) http://photobucket.com/tlh

Whoa this 'not going to work' malarkey is becoming tiresome .... I haven't stopped fiddling. My garage is now cleared and rearranged so that I can get at the bikes more easily. The TLS is now centre stage and accessible from all angles without having to do contortions to get around its stable mates. So now I have to weigh up the merits of getting the spare set of wheels powder coated and fitted so that I can clear a bit more space ... more space .... more opportunity!

Today I welded my TLR front guard.

Here's the damage:

... and you did WHAT to your TL today?-img_4776.jpg... and you did WHAT to your TL today?-img_4777.jpg... and you did WHAT to your TL today?-img_4778.jpg

Now ready for prepping and painting:

... and you did WHAT to your TL today?-img_4789.jpg... and you did WHAT to your TL today?-img_4799.jpg

Actually the weld in the last photo needed some remedial work - the 3 big whitish sections in the weld show there was not enough penetration - it was 2am when I did this, and the camera batteries died after this pic, before I fixed it...

If anyone is interested I can post a thread on how I plastic weld - as a forestry worker, and especially being a tree feller - I learned to plastic weld chainsaw handles and fuel tanks to save (and when I got good, earn) $$. Occasionally when felling heavy leaners, the tree doesn't always do what you want, and in a case of 'run-or-die' the saw gets left to fend for itself Also if a chain breaks in the wrong place under load it can smash the fuel tank as well.

I carried this over to motorcycles. I have heard some people say that when they try welding with a soldering iron, the repair ends up re-cracking. If you do it right, with a $20 soldering iron the repair should be stronger than the original part, and last indefinately.
    Ride it like you stole it.

TLS CF cans;homemade SATRE;Airbox mod;K&N airfilter;'97 temp sensor mod;Iridium plugs;SV1000Coils;TLR bellmouths;OEM-style smoked screen;HH sintered pads front and rear;Metal Gear rotors;OEM mirror mounts blanked;bar-end mirror;short rear fender with homemade numberplate/indicator bracket;damper mount mod;Riflemans clear clutch cover and 1/5 throttle insert;Barnett clutch springs;Mini indicators;2.5wt oil in stock damper;PC II;Bitubo rear shock;Forks up 5mm with Race Tech internals - 1kg/mm springs, custom shimstack,re-valve, piston and cartridge kit;braided front brake line;billet sprocket cover;charging mod;plus mod;clutch-switch relay by-pass;stainless xhaust studs/brass nuts;welded clutch...

TLR 'Fighter: https://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki-...r-build-2.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links