... and you did WHAT to your TL today? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: ... and you did WHAT to your TL today?

usually they send them next door but not today! they must know I want them
    www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk

I want to ride like hell on my TL

Quote Originally Posted by 762fmj View Post
    Another day then. This day requires me scanning eBay for a later model thermostat housing now that I have the prescribed pump cover. Nothing coming up yet though. Actually I'll check with Mick Douch he's normally got a bunch of stuff. Do you guys know him? He breaks TLS's ... he's provided me with some great bits over the last few months ... good bloke to deal with too.
    Agree re mick very helpful bloke ,some people are pissed off with him because he breaks tl,s but he is helping to keep a lot of us cash strapped OAP,s on the road

Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    Agree re mick very helpful bloke ,some people are pissed off with him because he breaks tl,s but he is helping to keep a lot of us cash strapped OAP,s on the road
    Well to me he's doing me a favour. He's taking machines stripping all the crap and damage off and selling us the good bits. It all comes back into circulation except the stuff that's buggered.
    The force is strong in this one!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Aaaaah free at last .... That's it then! I chucked my job in and have now officially called it a day. Means I have to forego all the good things including a high end car but what the hell never drove it anyway. I put 14,000 miles on my last one in four years. Off to buy a pick up this afternoon and spend the next few months modernising a 1950's house which will get sold on and I'll start the process again. Amazing ... people are queuing up to buy it all ready but as this is now my job they're going to have to wait whilst I add the next level of value and make all the money.

Now the TL will get even more time lavished upon it. Just got to fix the white conn block fault and she's ready for the MOT.
    cham likes this.

OK .... She's all back together and running. Two jobs to do but not urgent. The radiator needs the side tanks painted and the clutch cover still weeps a little. But all told she's getting there.

cham and tlh like this.

Looking good

Looking gorgeous!
    ... listen to Six5 ...

I ONLY RODE IT!

Don't tell the Feds ... couldn't resist it. It was sitting there begging to be toyed with. So I did. Only five miles round the back lanes. Oh yeah! Me liking this this thing ... raucous and full of mischief .... the bikes got similar attributes too.

That's really it's first proper haul in 7 years. Took about a mile for everything to settle down and she rode just fine ... funny suspension n all. No leaks no nothing. Might do it again tomorrow .... cos my weekends are now seven days long
    cham likes this.

I ONLY RODE IT!

Don't tell the Feds ... couldn't resist it. It was sitting there begging to be toyed with. So I did. Only five miles round the back lanes. Oh yeah! Me liking this this thing ... raucous and full of mischief .... the bikes got similar attributes too.

That's really it's first proper haul in 7 years. Took about a mile for everything to settle down and she rode just fine ... funny suspension n all. No leaks no nothing. Might do it again tomorrow .... cos my weekends are now seven days long
    Yeah boy!!!!

Way to go FMJ....
    ... listen to Six5 ...

D'ya know what I was really impressed with the reworking of the vehicle taxation process. It brings a great deal of efficiency to the process. For once they've come up with a useful change ... No tax disc required. Tax costs a little less if you go for the six months variety. SORN has been simplified too. Like the fact that it takes a couple of minutes online to get tax sorted. All good! Better if they just scrapped it all together though.
    I found that it wuldn't let me apply for six months and kept putting it straight to twelve so I did it by phone....bit odd as it's usualy much better online:-/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links