How to drill out snapped exhaust studs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How to drill out snapped exhaust studs.

How to drill out snapped exhaust studs.

How to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud5.jpgHow to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud6.jpgI found another way of drilling out snapped studs. Use a 12.5mm drill bit or ally round bar. Drill a hole of 6.5-7mm to tap it to 8mm, to a depth of 15mm max. Then drill a further 6mm pilot hole through to a depth of around 75mm and cut off to leave a extractor of around 70-75mm long. Put two flats on the 6mm hole end to accept a 10mm spanner. Tighten the 8mm end onto the broken stud with the spanner. Now you can drill straight through the stud in the centre. Then either drill carefully bigger or pick out the threads. Hope the pics work and are more self explanatery than my description.How to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud1.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]36915
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud2.jpg   How to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud3.jpg  
    Troy likes this.
    Thanks to Sparky,Mick and zone members for making my new silver dream machine so special to me and Diane. My 97 engine and wheels and 99 frame with kind donations to make this beautiful bike possible. k7 radial front forks and calipers, R powder coated swingarm with steel custom brackets and Honda 900 Hornet rear shock and 1100 lbs spring. R headers welded onto S front down pipe,home made front damper mod, pc111 usb, airbox mod, Art twin outlet oval cans, hydro clutch and Barnett springs,TRE, K&N Filter, gap mod tray,carbon undertray,tiny indys,top yoke conversion to mx bars,R6 throttle tube, Later ecu so no more stumbles at 3000 revs.6 spring clutch fitted with custom black pressure plate and clear clutch cover, cheers sparky,adam,chris and stu for the parts.

oops, went wrong with pics above. try again.How to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud1.jpgHow to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud2.jpgHow to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud3.jpgHow to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud5.jpg
    Thanks to Sparky,Mick and zone members for making my new silver dream machine so special to me and Diane. My 97 engine and wheels and 99 frame with kind donations to make this beautiful bike possible. k7 radial front forks and calipers, R powder coated swingarm with steel custom brackets and Honda 900 Hornet rear shock and 1100 lbs spring. R headers welded onto S front down pipe,home made front damper mod, pc111 usb, airbox mod, Art twin outlet oval cans, hydro clutch and Barnett springs,TRE, K&N Filter, gap mod tray,carbon undertray,tiny indys,top yoke conversion to mx bars,R6 throttle tube, Later ecu so no more stumbles at 3000 revs.6 spring clutch fitted with custom black pressure plate and clear clutch cover, cheers sparky,adam,chris and stu for the parts.

How to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud6.jpgHow to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud7.jpgHow to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud8.jpgHow to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud9.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

How to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud10.jpgHow to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud13.jpgHow to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud15.jpg

How to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud17.jpgHow to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud18.jpgHow to drill out snapped exhaust studs.-drillstud19.jpg

Ring-in or Sam could describe this better or make some for us ham fisted members

Sounds great to me Cham. Well done

Sam
    The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator
    Well done Cham, well described

TLOTM Nov 04, March 06, June 07, July 10, Aug 11, Sept 12 and TLOTY 2007 and 2010

PM Me for Help & Prices with GSXR/Busa Radial Fork Conversion Kits, 1080cc Big Bore Kits and Welded Clutch Centres

thats better than the idea I had for a pilot to fit over the stud boss.

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

Thanks lads but i cant take the credit, good idea though. Our Karl snapped 6 out of 8 of his studs and cost him £150+ to have them drilled and tapped out again. Wish i had found this idea before he paid to have them drilled.

GP Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by cham View Post
    Thanks lads but i cant take the credit, good idea though. Our Karl snapped 6 out of 8 of his studs and cost him £150+ to have them drilled and tapped out again. Wish i had found this idea before he paid to have them drilled.
    so you never thought of it then ? damn im not so impressed now lol
    cham likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links