chain destroying engine? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chain destroying engine?

Evil Twin
    "What's your location (it's not in your profile) and what's the engine serial number?"

I live down in the San Diego area. Without going out to look at the bike, I don't remember if it's on the left or right side. However, it is down near the bottom of the engine. You might need a flash light to see it.

Rick

Evil Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by 1crock View Post
    Engine numbers aren't on titles anymore.

Your DMV might not, but here in CA they still do. It's also listed on the registration card.

Rick

The Tsubuki Sigma is rated at over 10,000 lbm tensil strength and I dare even Riddick to produce a TL engine that can pull beyond that.
    Here’s one that would probably snap a chain
    https://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki-...rous-rwhp.html

That's "171hp" nitrous & air-shifted, on BST wheels, race-teched forks, bitubo rear shock, and a tone of other mod's, got to love TL1000R'S.

On a personal note,
    I did break a chain several years ago on a ride. It rolled the chain right out the bottom of the motor onto the road. What happened was I ripped the master link apart, the chain did not actually break. This was a press link chain... I still have the ripped apart master link on my work bench.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Baby Twin
    well after talking to the guy again it sounds like it was beat to absolute crap. he told me he bought it 3000 miles ago and although he says it runs fine, the plastics are beat up, he said its been down before, no idea if it was him or the last owner. its got all black plastics that look like absolute crap.

i am switching to the street from dirtbikes, i rode a 2007 kx450f, these things had such an insane power curve in 2008 kawasaki smoothed it out. i always put the high quality chain. i never understand people who dont maintain their bikes, something goes wrong it could be your life.

anyways i found this bike its in new hampshire, 29k, he has had it serviced and it from the pictures it looks clean. i'm hoping tomorrow to meet up and buy it, im gonna have someone more familiar with street bikes come with me and ride it back. its a 2 hour ride so i am guessing any problems will be evident on the ride home.

Baby Twin
    well its official, tomorrow im picking up a 2001 tl1000r so i think ill be sticking around here for a little while

i personally had this happen, only owned my TLR for 4 weeks when the chain snapped and smashed my engine apart. hence the rebuild and why my bike looks like it does today.
    ive heard of this happening to others on here aswell, so be safe and fit a good quality chain. i had my new chain on order when this happened!

Tazzie, I've been drooling over your bike...

Quote Originally Posted by victor14065 View Post
    Tazzie, I've been drooling over your bike...
    i wondered what that mess was lol

Thanks

Baby Twin
    i had my buddy ride it back. i ended up paying $3400. 29k on it, i think it was a tad pricey but the bike was absolutely mint, not a ding scuff spec of dirt on it, chain was in great shape, engine sounded smooth, gears shifted great, has micron exhausts, tank bra, n under tail kit, LED light for the plate, integrated blinkers on the tail light, steering stabilizer, double bubble screen, some kind of aftermarket shifter dont really know. has a new clutch. thing is absolutely ready! when i get my camera charged i'll post some pictures.

now i got a really dumb question, where the hell is the petcock on this thing.

edit: nevermind, did a little digging on here found out there is no shut off. ok! thank you tlzone
    Last edited by acabftw; 08-18-2011 at 06:47 PM.

i think its a combination of poor upkeep/too tight and idiots trying to costantly clutch up a 500lb pig of a bike into a wheelie
    once i thought i was wrong but i was just mistaken!!

if yer bored as hell look at my ebay store !!

http://stores.ebay.com/onanysunday711

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links