removing RAM Air system - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: removing RAM Air system

did you notice any difference on the road?
    Who's fkin happy??.?? not me said snow white.WP rear damper gsxr k4/5 forks with gold calipers ,blackshadow discs,soon to be a hid/projector headlight,Harris adjustable rearsets,,pc2 k&n, zero limits seat hump,folding levers,mattyj clear clutch cover,rifleman 1/5th insert,more to come ..........

Not really

shall have to look into it,and getting a better seal on the tubes,and getting the rubber for the right hand front

how much of a difference does the airbox mod make
    Who's fkin happy??.?? not me said snow white.WP rear damper gsxr k4/5 forks with gold calipers ,blackshadow discs,soon to be a hid/projector headlight,Harris adjustable rearsets,,pc2 k&n, zero limits seat hump,folding levers,mattyj clear clutch cover,rifleman 1/5th insert,more to come ..........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Upside Down Super Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Me I put ramps in and one at the top of the tower to deflect away from the sudden stop by the hole leading up under the filter.

I Dyno'd my bike before and after the airbox mod, (it was the only thing I'd changed between runs) and the mods made no difference.
    I found this in an old range hood but never tried fitting it:

I got a little rise in the top end when I ran a stock vs. modded airbox back to back, others got a similar increase too even before altering mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by gaztl1000r View Post
    did you notice any difference on the road?
    I did, but only up high. I was able to puill redline in 5th on my test strip, something I could not do before the mod.
    My $0.02c, always just my $0.02c Steve

"I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Antipodean
    Questions about the Forums? Click Here

Thats what I found steve, thought I'd give it a whirl. I used some old narrow plastic drainpipe and cut it in half, then half again and turned them back to back.
    Hot glue to stick them in, after shaping them to fit in the bottom of the tunnel.
    I had to use quite a bit of glue, in the bottom of the tunnel to get them to stick in the right place though.

might still give it a try
    ok it might be a pain in the rear doing it but if there's no negative effect that's ok by me
    only thought about it after lookin at one of the old threads and someone mentioned the idea after doin the mod and realising that you have 2 airflows coming in and hitting each other

To be fair though Gaz... even though its causing turbulance... there is only one way it can go once the converging air colides.... and thats up

yeah but most intake systems now are designed to try and cut down on turbulance, that's one of the reasons they started goin through the headstock with the air

or so they claim

there is harmonics involved.this means sound waves infecting(sik) induction.this is actually more important to our bikes than ram air.it is very complicated and i dont undrstand as much as i think i know about it
    once i thought i was wrong but i was just mistaken!!

if yer bored as hell look at my ebay store !!

http://stores.ebay.com/onanysunday711

Thats why losing the air tubes is bad... the resonator is part of the tube.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links