Gap Tray Mod - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gap Tray Mod

Quote Originally Posted by THROTTLE View Post
    I now have one post. Rifleman, please check your PM's.

Thank you.
    What a way to post in a old ass thread as your first post Most people make his/her 1st post by opening an intro thread, not by bringing a thread back from the dead

welcome aboard btw

Baby Twin
    Hate to do this also but I'm super late and interested in the tray coming from a new tl1000r owner sorry guys

One Liter Duc Eater Pat Man TLR's Avatar
    Use the plastic to make your own gap tray mod that is what I did, I will post up some pic when I get home.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Scooter hottie chauffeur Rifleman's Avatar
    PM replied to.

just be careful with using plastic, 1. the Reg/rec puts out some heat, and 2. oh Goodness the TLR is a leg roasting, heat throwin', ass melting machine.

if they are moving, should be ok, but the plastic may get pretty soft if you get stuck in traffic.
    Need a 1/5th throttle insert, or need to know how to install it click me now. and get the kewl new installation instructions in downloadable .pdf format.

Silver metalic flake Clear Clutch cover has been sold See what was available.

I had my tail section done like this for over 10 years now with no issues, it is the original tail plastic that I cut down to make the gap tray, the lower section I cut off I used to plastic weld the hole, I am still using the OEM RR and the same location. I have take this bike to Indianapolis, Arizona, California and Texas with temperature in the triple digit with no issues with the plastic melting. Here are some pics of the Gap Tray.

I can still carry tons of stuff in it still.

Rain Suite, Tool Kit, Tire Repair Kit, Disc Lock, Tire Pump, Umbrella, Connection for Heated Vest, FI Switch Tool, Battery Charge Cable / Jumper Cable, Visor Cleaner, Rear Shock Adjustment Tool, Chain Lube, Chain Break Kit and Tank Prop Rod.

Scooter hottie chauffeur Rifleman's Avatar
    Man, that's an entire survival kit.

don't under estimate the heat coming off the rear spigot, 100 miles and dinner is served.

[email protected] likes this.
    Need a 1/5th throttle insert, or need to know how to install it click me now. and get the kewl new installation instructions in downloadable .pdf format.

Silver metalic flake Clear Clutch cover has been sold See what was available.

I know this bike give off major heat but I have never try to cook or keep my food hot. I think I will do what you have done the next time I travel to the US, I will have to come up another location for my tools. I am thinking of pulling the Gap Tray and wrapping it in insulating padding or Lizard skin spray insulator to deflect the heat. I have my exhaust wrap with heat tape wrap but now I am getting the exhaust ceramic coated to keep the heat inside the exhaust.

Made this a while ago...

BBOTM April 2013

"If you don’t crash or break something every now and then you’re not going fast enough”

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    yeah, I make them for the R, out of aluminum.

mounts to the bottom of the upper sub frame rails. It allows you to remove all the trunk plastic and replace with aftermarket undertail. your trunk space is bigger but because you are sitting right on the fairing plastics you can't put much in there other then a loaf of bread, bag of chips or light jacket/rain gear.

alot of work to get to this point but this is the full fender-ectomy, rear brake res relocated, and gapped with the kit shown above.

Yes I know it’s been 10 years, lol, it’s a long shot but Riflemans message box is full and wanting to see if you had any laying around. Doesn’t hurt to ask right...lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links