Gap Tray Mod - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gap Tray Mod

Where does the rear brake res go?

Waiting for email confirmation 80wood's Avatar
    How long can I expect the gap mod to take, Rifleman? This and the throttle insert are next on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by spikestrip View Post
    Where does the rear brake res go?
    Either leave it in place (which kinda defeats the object) or Buy a fantastic piece in the name of billet res from Vandriver.

https://www.tlzone.net/forums/looking...ervoirs-4.html
    Rescued a Black 97 TLS, been left out in the rain for a few years, stripped her n rebuilt her. Polished loads and loads to polish. Renthal Fat Bars with Scar Risers, Busa Forks, Ohlins damper, WLR Steering Damper Kit, Sam Tail Riser Mod, Gap Tray Mod, Tech G Billet Rear sets, Wavey's front and back, SV1000 belly Pan, Rifleman 1/5, GIpro ATRE, Thermostat Mod, Mckeown's Inline fuel filter mod, Air box Mod, Zippytlsr Charging Mod, K&N air filter, Stubby cans, Vortex Fuel Cap, MT headlight unit, Gsxr1000 Digital Clocks, need to fit my Van Rear Res + Spring .......so much to buy, so much to keep from the lady!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Excellent. Thank you all. I will be making my own gap tray. But I really like the brake res, and it's affordable, and I don't know how to make one of those.

Not that the gap mod tray isn't affordable, I'm just pretty sure I can make one, or something just as functional.

Scooter hottie chauffeur Rifleman's Avatar
    good deal, I'm all about having you guys make your bike the best it can be, if you can do it yourself, more power to you. If you have questions, just ask.

I mounted the rear res up behind the plastics and used a Teflon tube to connect it, when the brake fluid is new, it's almost clear and sort of disappears.

so it hides pretty good, but I even have one of the Vandriver rear res billet aluminum hotness jobbers now.
    Need a 1/5th throttle insert, or need to know how to install it click me now. and get the kewl new installation instructions in downloadable .pdf format.

Silver metalic flake Clear Clutch cover has been sold See what was available.

Rifle's kit is top notch
    Silver, the fastest color!
    On the inside - HID type bulbs, K&N filter, Iridium ix plugs, 16T front sprocket, Coerce billet sprocket cover, +5, +5, +5, Scorpio SE-i500 system from my GB and an ATRE.
    On the outside - TLR forks, front carbon fender, 5/8th master brake cylinder, black SS brake lines (frnt & rear), braking waves all around with Ti bolts, Brembo gold front calipers & a busa gold rear caliper, flush mount signals (frnt & rear), ZG DB screen, black mirror stay, Helibars, black '97 top triple clamp, preload adjusters, Scott's magic gold box, Coerce real carbon dash surround, Irvine sliders, TL1000S (cutout) heel guards, carbon case cover - left side, clear billet clutch cover - right side, carbon gas cap, 1/2 tank bra, gel seat, Coerce full real carbon tail section, Coerce real carbon hump, Coerce real carbon tire hugger and undertail eliminator w/ LED's, Ohlins rear damper & LE 800# spring, Yoshimura RS-3 race Ti full system, Stealth 41T rear, and more to come...

Scooter hottie chauffeur Rifleman's Avatar
    80Wood

this took me all winter to do, but I did my own undertail, moved the tail light, license plate, turn signals integration... full fender-ectomy. if you already have an undertail with tail lights and license holder... the gap kit install is only about an hour or less, remove everthing, install the plate and ECU tray, bolt everthing to the plate, put all the plastics back on. The kit is easy, it's all the prep and decissions about what you want to do around the gap that take the time and effort.

Need a 1/5th throttle insert, or need to know how to install it click me now. and get the kewl new installation instructions in downloadable .pdf format.

Silver metalic flake Clear Clutch cover has been sold See what was available.

ECU tray

I now have one post. Rifleman, please check your PM's.

Thank you.

How much for the kit shipped to Phoenix?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links