TLZone Forums banner

daveC is the Best!

Tags
best! davec
2K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  beurling 
#1 ·
I just received this from daveC.

I wanted him to see if he could find a UK switch for my Tuono and I could then turn off my lights. He found one immediately and told me about it. I told him I had to wait a couple of weeks, and he said, it's ok it was on him.

WOW!

He said I had been helpful here and he wanted to give back some. Well, sir, I am humbled and I thank you. He also wouldn't let me pay him. He is truly the kind of TL owner that represents the absolute best of the Zone.

Dave, I owe you one, I am on board. Let me know when you need something sir.

Finally, here are the pics of the old and new switches. Mine was worked on post crash, I tried to smooth it out, but it is pretty ugly. The new one is almost nicer than any other part of the bike. :banghead

Thanks Dave, you are the best sir :hail :hail

See less See more
#3 ·
That's a big package for a switch. :cheers

#4 ·
:hail :thumbup DaveC and :thumbup doug for all you've done for members as well:hail

#5 ·
How in the hell did it make it to you with that address.

I mean this would work.
Doug
Granbury Tx, USA

but just USA? Wow. :hail

Good stuff DaveC. That really is the nicest part on the Tuono now! :D

Just kidding, I secretly lust over Doug's Tuono.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Kudos to both!

That's interesting that you can still get the switch on UK bikes - I converted my (US) Triumph similarly by installing a pre-02 switch, but after that year they are all fixed. I assumed the legal requirement changed at that time.

Now, Doug - go get a Sharpie & black out that scarred perch!:laugh

#8 ·
:doug :doug awesome :thumbup

#11 ·
Those tricky Italians, gotta love 'em. :devious

#13 ·
I had the euro switch on my TLS when it got stolen, and on the BMW when I sold it. Wish I had one for the TLR project now. I paid list for those others (you can order the euro part no's in the US), can't afford that now. I should probably troll the european ebay site.

#15 ·
I didn't crash it, I bought it that way. This is about daveC, and of course Les is also the best, I have some Les stuff in my garage right now. :drool

#17 ·
I still have some stuff from Les in my lower colon - Pineapple Lumps have a half-life of 30 years and take 12 months to get through your digestive track ... or maybe that was red meat ...

While I'm cross-examining Doug ... the GSXR is missing from you sig line - did you get rid of it?

#19 ·
Sold the Gixxer in May. Woo Hoo, haven't looked back since.

#20 ·
#23 ·
After getting the Tuono he realized he was putting 10x the miles on the Ape as on the Gix. Doug has a small garage and little tolerance for a bike that doesn't get ridden and needs no more mods, so off it went.

I think the gix was too perfect that it wasn't any fun unless you were totally railing it on the track. The Tuono is an awesome bike in the motor, suspension and those brakes! :drool Plus it's comfy enough to ride all day long with no issues.

He let me come for a ride with the squid squad and I got to ride both back to back and I can easily see why the decision was made. I had fun on the gixxer but couldn't wait to get back on the Tuono.

#25 ·
Dave :hail it is things like this that make this the place it is :yes

#26 ·
LOL, I was like May? I was still unpacking in May! I went back and looked up your sale date on your thread to make sure I was't losing my mind. I think it was 7/24. Time flies when your having fun and riding a Tuono I guess. :thumbup

#29 ·
Thanks Doug :thumbup

As I said in a PM, Doug as with so many others made this place home very quickly when I bought my first TL over 4 years ago. I just thought it was an opportunity to give a little back to a first class guy. :yes

As you would say...... :doug

#33 ·
So when you take a stock wiring on a TLR or TLS..I have the faster R...but when you take a stock wired TLR and put in a Euro Switch Controls with ON/OFF Headlight switch and the LAP or Flash to Pass switch...does it just plug right up on a USA spec bike and when and if it does just replace the USA switches how does it control the lights...work flawlessly?

#38 ·
Yes, my US model TLS had all the wires to the handlebar switch, but just jumpered the light switch to always be on instead of actually having a switch. You can just add a sub-mini toggle switch if you want. But all the current for the head and tail lights goes thru it, so it should really be a pretty hefty current rating.

It's really best to still add a relay for the lights and another one or two for the coils.

#34 ·
good going man

#35 ·
Love stories like this. I feel like I know people better on here than I do in real life. I at least like them more.

I'd venture to say the TL would be better with a switch like this so you can focus all power to the plugs when starting.

DOUG, is there some other reason you wanted/needed a Euro switch?

C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.