Slovakia, Winter and Summer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Slovakia, Winter and Summer

Slovakia, Winter and Summer

Thought ya might wanna see a bit of Slovakia, had an ex Slovak for a while,
    but I went over there a bit before we terminated. Beautiful country, fantastic bike roads in places and bearly recognisable as roads in other
    places!

Best visited if you know a Countryman or woman A fantastic place
    that hopefully won't be spoiled by the world, including fastfood joints like
    McD's and KFC!

Geographically speaking, it's mainly flat with one main bump in the landscape.

They have trains, ATM's (cashpoints) and many places are more evolved than those countries that normally set a benchmark.

FOOD: is good had soup once in a bowl made of bread which included a bread lid, that was great! They do meat very well too, but if you've drifted off the evolutionary path (a vegetarian), they'd easily cater for you

A Castle (supposed to be the biggest in europe...it's big)

A panoramic

The High Tetres, the pride of slovakians. Over 2000m high I believe.

The High Tetres

There's a lake nearby, and it has wildlife type stuff

The lake nearby (again)

This was cool, a ski lift! My first time but how peaceful it was OK...
    so you might have noticed a lack of snow...well it was summer time

I've got some Winter Pictures too if anyones interested?

UK & EUROPEAN RIDER LOCATOR

UK Zone Thread Here!

My Tillis: It's.....gone (sad face) I just needed something reliable for daily use and I'm ashamed to say, I now have a Honda Blackbird. Please don't hold it against me, I still miss my Tillis!!!

"Everyone has free will, we must believe it."
    Jeremy Hardy: "The job of the police is not to protect the public, but to protect the state and the smooth running of the economy".

Awesome pictures

I want to come visit simply amazing views.

I'll never forget. I will strive to live up to the examples you both set.

In honor of mom and dad.

http://www.kbtdel.com/mom/motherslove.jpg

https://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1054843

Happy Father's Day dad

https://www.tlzone.net/forums/open-fo...thers-day.html

"NO!! I DON'T want to press 1 for English!...."

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

put the winter pics up!!!
    The difference between "guts" and "balls"...

GUTS is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being confronted by your wife with a broom and having the "guts" to ask, "Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?"

BALLS, on the other hand, is coming home late after a night out with the guys, smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and saying, "Your next!!"

"Get ready to fly, bitch!" - Stuntman Mike

Cheers guys glad ya like....one moment please....winter pic's coming shortly.

UK Zone Thread Here!

My Tillis: It's.....gone (sad face) I just needed something reliable for daily use and I'm ashamed to say, I now have a Honda Blackbird. Please don't hold it against me, I still miss my Tillis!!!

Jeremy Hardy: "The job of the police is not to protect the public, but to protect the state and the smooth running of the economy".

wreckah
    great pics, looks like i will be passing there this summer

Winter time in Slovakia...

On the way over there, you can just see the High Tetres peeking through the cloud cover. The aeroplane was a twin prop and was bloody loud, but oddly better for me as I get tooth ache at high altitude

The High Tetres taken from Terra Firma, damn it's beautiful...and not too many cars / people / tourists around to f**k it up.

Going towards Haligovce (a very very small village with a pub come food store ...an interesting experience here, as well as the drunkeness on Vodka, was when my hosts were approached with the offer of cheap meat. We walked to a house and in the kitchen was several people chopping up meat, and a metal bath tub filled with dead cow. Story goes that they were short of money, so killed their cow. We bought KILOS of meat for barely anything and had 3 straight shots of vodka provided on a mirrored silver tray. Such a genuine bunch of people and the sellers of meat even gave us a lift back to the pub They treated me like a friend...even if I didn't speak much slovakian!

Those snow tyres are bloody amazing! Must have been going 50mph.

A frozen lake, very close to the Eastern Slovakia boundary.

One of the areas with single storey residential homes. The Slovaks have really got it sorted, instead of expanding into the areas of beauty (seen in photos), they don't allow too much expansion and modern housing is in flats (can't remember what the american word is for that...ghetto maybe?)

Most houses do have influences from the Communist era...due to Russia's being all overpowering and stuff. I don't mean to mock how seriously bad this was for the Slovak's, but eventually they told them to f**k off.

Oh, and "Nazz-drav-eeeaaa" is "cheers"...you'll use it after 9am, the time they start drinking

And in case you don't know where it is

UK Zone Thread Here!

I want so badly to live over there. Look how easy it is to go from one place to another. How long does it take to drive across your little island from London to Ullapool a few hours? Jump acroos the channel to Ireland, go the other way and all look at all the possibilites.

Quote Originally Posted by TLstreak
    I want so badly to live over there. Look how easy it is to go from one place to another. How long does it take to drive across your little island from London to Ullapool a few hours? Jump across the channel to Ireland, go the other way and all look at all the possibilities.
    Kind words Streak, unfortunately life on 'the island' does suck immensely these days...hence most original residents of the UK emigrate regardless of age. My sister has gone to spain, I have other friends (couples) in early 30's that moved to Ozz to live out their days. Most of my friends that have no intention of having children want to get off the island as soon as financially possible

Yeah, London to Liverpool (never heard of "Ullapool") would take 4-6 hours depending how big your ego is (people boast about how long it take them to get from A to B). But a day to get from the furthest end (Lands End, South West) right up to the Northern end (John O'Groats) is quite handy and although our fuel (footnote explains costs and generally grumbles) is REDICULOUSLY TAXED we probably don't use as much as you to see our 'local' folks.

If I were you though, I'd get some explosives and try to separate all your states into islands, that way you have the best of both worlds!

Currently unleaded is 85p per litre/liter at best. There are 4.55 litres in a British gallon and 3.82 Litres in an American gallon (british are bigger for a change!). So our petrol is roughly £3.25 per AMERICAN gallon, equal to $5.66 But you must consider that our cars are more efficient than yours (37-40 miles to an AMERICAN gallon), and we don't travel as far. The most screwed up thing is that (so the petrol stations allege) 90% of the cost of fuel is TAX

England has TAXed it's residents more and more, a good example of how it works is that many hundreds of years ago it was proposed that there should be a "daylight tax". This meant that the more windows you had in your house/mansion/stable, the more you had to pay. Suddenly the rich people (the majority of government) decided it wasn't such a good thing - as their houses were massive and it would cost THEM more money. We ultimately have a government who’s origins are from wealthy families, they know nothing of real world costs and don't appreciate how hard it is for Mr A. Verage (John Doe I believe you call him) to have a relatively content life.

This has resulted in people having to work their arses off, spending less quality time with friends and family, providing us with a "molecular society", i.e. We have become detached from each other and spend more time on running after the pound coin than speaking and seeing our relatives. It's very sad and the onslaught of technology more often than not, makes it worse Technology reduces man/woman force while population is increasing...a population that need jobs. Expansion is supposed to be good, but there is a fine balance. Moreover, consider that intelligent people normally ensure they're financially stable to have children, whereas thick people often have several kids which they will received money from the government for...this normally goes on Pizzas, cigarettes and alcohol. This isn't the best thing for children to see when they're growing up and normally end up the same...it's like a virus!

I won't even start on the problems of our "national health system". But to put it into perspective, both my grandparents (90+) died as a result of cost savings. Either by cleaning staff being sub-contracted as cheaply as possible or by tests that should have been done, were not as they were expensive...bugger, I started!

The end...sorry about that

UK Zone Thread Here!

wreckah
    superb pics, i'll be definately passing through there. Me and schuss are going to Brno (MotoGP) this summer, and i will probably be travelling further into slowakia if i find the money.

oh, and england sounds almost as bad as belgium

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links