Stock ECU reprogrammable? - Page 85
Page 85 of 148 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Stock ECU reprogrammable?

Baby Twin
    High = Logic 1 or 5V (defined as >2V)
    Low = logic 0 or 0V (defined as <0.8V)

I have found code for PE4. PE3 and PE2 seem to always be read together, what is on PE2?
    There is some interesting code from address 24C0 onwards, there are subroutine calls based on the values on PE3 and PE2. I haven't traced them through yet.

Superbike Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoman View Post
    High = Logic 1 or 5V (defined as >2V)
    Low = logic 0 or 0V (defined as <0.8V)

I have found code for PE4. PE3 and PE2 seem to always be read together, what is on PE2?
    There is some interesting code from address 24C0 onwards, there are subroutine calls based on the values on PE3 and PE2. I haven't traced them through yet.
    Thanks
    I have to go to work I will check when I get home

PE2 and PE3 are the control pins for the 4052BF, IC301. It is a digital multiplexer ic. Because the CPU could not read so many inputs, Denso put that IC in order to read additional sensors!

That assembly code is a bitch! Each time i press "c" in IDApro it disassembles new code, functions and subroutines. There is too much code yet to discover with IDApro. If only i knew what i am doing!

Rufer, thank you man for the email. Nice to have all these collected together. I will find the YoshBox values and i will add a software switch in the RomRaider definition. Hopefully the yoshbox values are somewhere mirrored in the map.bin! :s

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Baby Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by psyche View Post
    PE2 and PE3 are the control pins for the 4052BF, IC301. It is a digital multiplexer ic. Because the CPU could not read so many inputs, Denso put that IC in order to read additional sensors!

That assembly code is a bitch! Each time i press "c" in IDApro it disassembles new code, functions and subroutines. There is too much code yet to discover with IDApro. If only i knew what i am doing!
    OK, I am going to have to start assigning functions to pin names and CPU functions.

I had no problem with XTOOLS, I got the entire disassembly in one hit, I just need to discover what it all does. I've been playing around with the configuration files to get the best presentation and I'm adding comments via a comment file so I don't lose them when I run the disassembler again. I want to stick to XTOOLS because I will be able to modify the code and recompile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoman View Post
    OK, I am going to have to start assigning functions to pin names and CPU functions.

I had no problem with XTOOLS, I got the entire disassembly in one hit, I just need to discover what it all does. I've been playing around with the configuration files to get the best presentation and I'm adding comments via a comment file so I don't lose them when I run the disassembler again. I want to stick to XTOOLS because I will be able to modify the code and recompile.
    Modify the code and recompile!!! Now this is what i call heavy modding!

Do you think that you can mod the code to be better than the original? Have you done it before? I have some thoughts on changing the code just like making it a closed loop system and such! I have somewhere the disassembly file you sent me. I think that i should start examining your file!

Baby Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by psyche View Post
    Modify the code and recompile!!! Now this is what i call heavy modding!

Do you think that you can mod the code to be better than the original? Have you done it before? I have some thoughts on changing the code just like making it a closed loop system and such! I have somewhere the disassembly file you sent me. I think that i should start examining your file!
    I did a few modifications on my Vitara ECU but that uses an odd Mitsubishi ECU, its very similar to a 68HC11 but all the Y indexing uses different opcodes and it has the extra Hitachi instructions too. I had to modify the binary directly.
    On the Baleno ECU with the 68HC916Y I intend to change the narrowband O2 sensor input to Wideband O2, extend the diagnostics and do a few other mods too.
    I will be adding code to reflash down the diagnostic port, if we don't find anything on your ECU we can add it to that too.
    Last edited by Rhinoman; 10-27-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Superbike Twin
    psyche
    With 12.1 vdc at ECU Connector pin 17 and Ground at ECU connector pin 18 CPU Pin 102 DATA8/PG0 is High (4.9 vdc), remember this is pin is used to control the air box solenoid.

Baby Twin
    Yosh box code should be easy to find its on AN6, from the information that Jim sent me I get:

PE3 PE2 AN6 AN7
    0 0 N/C THW
    0 1 CO V1 AT (IGN SW)
    1 0 CO V2 PA (MPS)
    1 1 CO V4 (DON) TIP SENSOR

Interestingly some of the Suzuki cars that don't have any O2 sensor have a CO adjustment resistor instead.

Superbike Twin
    psyche/Rhinoman
    Here is an update for my ECU pins pdf
    ECU pin 48 is connected to CPU pin 81 IRQ2/PE2 via IC 211 (Toshiba TC 4049BF) there are sum peripheral components not fitted but it does have a complete circuit. This pin (48) is marked on the circuit card CS3 and the yoshi box connections for what I think are write enable and write are ECU pins 39 and 40 marked on the circuit card as CS1 and CS2.

Superbike Twin
    Pad

Sponsored Links