VIDEO: Sometimes it's best to quit while you're ahead

Thread: VIDEO: Sometimes it's best to quit while you're ahead

SQDBIKE Admin

VIDEO: Sometimes it's best to quit while you're ahead

Filed under: Motorsports, Motorcycles

Professionals earn pockets full of cheese usually because they do whatever it is they do better, faster, stronger than anyone else. Sometimes, though, they get the big bucks because they'll do something again after having nearly killed themselves the first time. That is: they'll get right back on the horse when a lot of non-professionals would instead grab a gin and tonic and watch reruns of I Love Lucy.

Jorge Lorenzo earned his money and a stay in hospital over the weekend during practice for the MotoGP China Grand Prix. On one run the bike bucked under him coming out of a turn, sending the 21-year-old rider up out of his seat like he was riding a bronco, but he managed to keep the bike upright and moving. On a following run he wasn't so fortunate, highsiding, somersaulting, and suffering a fractured left ankle, a painful right ankle, a cut heel, a knee abrasion, and forearm compression.

But here's where Lorenzo really impresses: he still got on the bike to qualify on Saturday, and came in fourth in Sunday's race. Follow the jump to check out the videos of the bucking incident and the highside. And from now on, the word you're looking for to describe Jorge Lorenzo: pro.

[Source: Axis of Oversteer]Continue reading VIDEO: Sometimes it's best to quit while you're ahead

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

If I was 21 and someone else was footing all the bills, I wouldn't have a problem smashing up the bike & mangling myself a little either

Note that after the race, the doctors found that his right ankle, the one thought to be less damaged than the left, was found to be fractured too.
    He's going to be on a wheel chair for some time,
    His participation in the French race in about ten days from now is in doubt (yeah, yeah... )

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/L...ankle+fracture

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

PutteLiten
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtd View Post
    Jorge Lorenzo earned his money and a stay in hospital over the weekend during practice for the MotoGP China Grand Prix. On one run the bike bucked under him coming out of a turn, sending the 21-year-old rider up out of his seat like he was riding a bronco, but he managed to keep the bike upright and moving. On a following run he wasn't so fortunate, highsiding, somersaulting, and suffering a fractured left ankle, a painful right ankle, a cut heel, a knee abrasion, and forearm compression.

But here's where Lorenzo really impresses: he still got on the bike to qualify on Saturday, and came in fourth in Sunday's race. Follow the jump to check out the videos of the bucking incident and the highside. And from now on, the word you're looking for to describe Jorge Lorenzo: pro.

They got it a bit wrong.

The "first movie" (the one where he doesnt crash) actually happened during qualify, not before the crash.
    I saw it Live (on TV) and the comentators went "OOOWWW that had to hurt with those broken ancles"...

Lorenzo for sure is the next King of the MotoGP class. If he stays ion one piece at least.
    He has been one my favourite since he joined the GP "circus".

For those that don't know it. During his first GP (125) race he was to young to ride the first practie, but was lucky enough to have his birtday on the qualifying day, and then he was old enough to ride, qualify and race!!

About time Valentino got a hair cut too

Yeah that was awesome to watch...after all that him taking 4th in the race...PRO all the way there.
    www.thehelmetcenter.com

01 TLR....I'm back on a Tiller!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10 883N....no longer a 883....hahahaha! Now totaled due to a 20yr old chick who claimed she didn't see me!
    03 GSXR-750....Sold (damn inlines really have no SOUL!)
    09 1125CR.....was a Demo had to give back. lol
    04 XL1200R....Sold
    77 XLH Ironhead.....Had to sell
    02 TLR.....Sold to Nateman
    73 TX750.....Sold
    00 TLR..... Sold
    74 GT750....Sold
    86 450 Rebel.....Sold
    98/01 ZX6R....SOLD!
    02 GSXR 750...Sold
    02 Katana 600....Sold
    99 V-Star 650...Sold