This Idiot Thinks The TL1000R has Been Forgotten.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: This Idiot Thinks The TL1000R has Been Forgotten.

Platinum Subscriber JoshCampbell's Avatar

This Idiot Thinks The TL1000R has Been Forgotten.

Space Jockey likes this.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

I love the fact he doesn’t make mention of the heavily modded TLR 18 seconds in...
    Space Jockey likes this.

'97 TL1000S Streetfighter 'Evil Twin' - Full colour wiring diagrams - click here for UK TLS - click here for US TLS - click here for UK TLR - click here for US TLR

He doesn't mention a lot of things, like how the TLR is faster in all speed tests. Too busy sucking on the RC's cock.
    Space Jockey likes this.
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCampbell View Post
    He doesn't mention a lot of things, like how the TLR is faster in all speed tests. Too busy sucking on the RC's cock.
    Actually I agree with what he is saying. He's not really slagging off the tlr as such just stating facts.
    Nearly all of what he is saying is actually true Josh.
    Doesn't stop the TLR/TLS being a modern classic though.
    Space Jockey likes this.
    black TL1000Sx, owned from new, 01/08/1998, 86.000 miles.
    Red TL1000sv ,original 97 , bought from my girlfriend when we split owned by us since 2004. 30.000 miles.
    Honda XL500r. 1983. Owned since 1997. 30.000kms.
    r1200gs adventure with 106.000 miles.

whatever he says he has not considered the sum of the parts.
    IMO the sum of the parts of the TLR makes it better to me, but tastes differ.
    he obviously prefers a soulless Honda.
    Space Jockey likes this.
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Yeah, I saw this video a while ago and left my thoughts in the comment section. His video is full of myopic half truths and tropes mined from Wikipedia then spun into a narrative that validates his SP2 ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by tlsgazza View Post
    Actually I agree with what he is saying. He's not really slagging off the tlr as such just stating facts.
    Nearly all of what he is saying is actually true Josh.
    Doesn't stop the TLR/TLS being a modern classic though.
    Facts you reckon? I saw a fair amount of spin and fabrication intermingled with the odd misrepresented factoid in support of a narrative, but each to their own. I suppose if you squint really hard and don't question his premises, swallowing his conclusion isn't too much of a stretch. Not for a moment suggesting the TLR isn't a flawed bike, just that not for the crap reasons he offered. I suspect his recent purchase of a Honda SP2 may have skewed his objectivity somewhat? lol

One Liter Duc Eater Pat Man TLR's Avatar
    It's funny how all those reviews always look at the track and not the overall use of the bikes, most riders use the bikes on the street and the TLR was way better on fuel and comfort. I actually was going to buy the Honda and a friend of mine told me not to because of the fuel and comfort, I tried his RC51 bike and I agreed with him and bought the TLR instead and now I own 3 of them. I also love the looks over the Honda.

Interesting reading in the Aprilia forums. Hard to find anyone there with a positive word for the VTR/SP.

Stylistically the Honda may have some boxes ticked but in practical terms they seem to lose out in just about every category. My own experience with Hondas is that whatever they make their seats from it transforms into a plank after 20 miles. Not so with any of the Suzuki's I've owned. I've met plenty of VFR riders who will testify to the same thing.

The article makes a fair point about Suzuki not backing the TL in racing but in terms of sales volumes the GSX-R brand needed protecting. I think things were tight in terms of R&D money and they didn't want to dilute the success of the gixer. Something of a shame as the TL motor had the basis of a seriously good machine. With a bit more love from the factory history could have been very different.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

I've personally always wanted a CR as an addition to the collection, but I'd never be nieve enough to say it stomps all over a TLR. Handling, suspension, looks maybe, but opinion is far from fact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links