Biker down
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Biker down

Biker down

A bad accident at the weekend took the life of a biker I didnt know and I have to say its got me thinking why I ride a bike and weather its time to sell up

RIP chap.
    Blue and white ones are faster

I think he would be disappointed to think his misfortune caused you or others to abandon something they love
    CrashB likes this.

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

Fair one, recon im getting old lol. Too much if it about these days cars just dont see us.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Never a good thing to see a rider's days come to an end however it happens.

I think you are right about car drivers paying less attention to the road these days. Too busy fiddling with their info-tainment, internet connected, touch screen crap in the cabin. Why have your attention drawn from the road by a phone when your car dashboard can do it for you?

I rest my case.

Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

I think its the quick glance at a junction not spotting the bIker with high beam on then blaming his speed. Sometimes no matter what the speed if a car pulls out from a junction were on it.
    Not sure if the missus or mum putting flowers on a grass verge for me is what i want.

Touch wood, over all the years I've been riding motorcycles (40 years now) I guess I've been lucky. Only had one or 2 people that I knew killed on a bike, I have known of many more killed in cars, it wouldn't stop me doing either
    I've also had more people I knew who have committed suicide. Especially back in the eighties.
    Any life lost is sad but also just as sadly death is a part of living .
    I have had a few accidents Iover the years but I have also ridden probably close to 400.000 miles to date. I have a car but it's mostly for the winter. It only covered 3.200 miles int he last twelve months.
    I couldn't give up riding, not yet anyway.
    black TL1000S rider,owned from new since august 98,hinkle windowed clutch cover,braided lines,5/8 front brake M/cylinder.1/5 throttle,Helibars,double bubble,stainless renegade cans, ohlins damper,stainless rad and oil cooler covers,undertray,carbon hugger,silver powdercoated wheels,k+n filter and TRE,R+G bungs,LED indicators,gold X ring chain with 40T rear sprocket,mini indicators, HID H4 headlights with led side lights.now done 85,000 miles.
    gold busa forks,gold six pots and gold rear caliper,pazzo levers all thanks to speedking
    van driver clutch pressure plate and bolt retainers,
    also done 306 laps of the nurburgring,
    now have my r1200gs adventure with 95.000 miles covered to date.

Superbike Twin
    Foolish risk VS calculated risk..

Last year I had a car not see me...I was lucky he grazed me.

I rode this summer with refreshed 30 watts LED (fog) (XHP70) and I put a yellow film to make them stand out.
    I can modulate their power on 4 settings 100% 70% 20% 5%, 100% during daytime (veery strong) or 70% dark cloudy day, and 5% during the night.
    I have Other LED's inside my main headlight, but I plan on switching them out for COB LED's (ice blue).
    I wanted to share these out here for some time now, but it's taking me to bloody long to do it.
    (I didn't want somebody beating me to it)(maybe I should show what I know...)

My point is using standout colors is not a bad idea !

Already done the LED thing. It helps in some ways but in others not so much. I always remember a story of a SMIDSY crash. The bike was a full-dress Goldwing with 6 headlights on. I've looked drivers in the eye as they pull out of a side road and known they aren't seeing me. Those few pounds of fatty grey mush we call a brain is a long way from precise engineering. Load pipes and bright lights help but however much we try to make things idiot-proof nature will always evolve a better idiot.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Common sence has kicked in and the music machine will be moved on.
    Im trying to put my self in the missus position, if it were her on the bike after seeing the funeral directors put disposable suits on to pick up the deceased I would be concerned.

Superbike Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    Already done the LED thing. It helps in some ways but in others not so much. I always remember a story of a SMIDSY crash. The bike was a full-dress Goldwing with 6 headlights on. I've looked drivers in the eye as they pull out of a side road and known they aren't seeing me. Those few pounds of fatty grey mush we call a brain is a long way from precise engineering. Load pipes and bright lights help but however much we try to make things idiot-proof nature will always evolve a better idiot.
    What colors are your led's ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links