Unhappy 99 TLR - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unhappy 99 TLR

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeblue View Post
    Weird how the fuel pump made it cut out so fast. When I had fuel problems with other bikes it coughed and splutterd before hand
    Mike, good find on that loose connection. It pays to poke around in the wiring harness, especially on these older bikes.
    As for the coughing and sputtering, fuel injected systems are not like the old carburetor systems. When the pump pressure stops, for whatever reason, be it an electrical disconnect or a dislodged fuel hose, fuel delivery stops instantly, and the engine stops running. At least, that has been my experience with EFI systems. Without some pressure behind it, next to nothing gets past the injectors - even with clean injectors and a good fuel filter.

While you are in there, it would be good to verify the connection on the main loom ground where It bolts to the engine case just above the front sprocket. Also inspect and clean up any corroded connections in the gang connectors that Josh referred to earlier. Look for overheated terminals too.
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

how long have you had the bike?

I know when I sold my red TLS with standard pipes and cans I had to re-program (Yoshbox) an ECU to work with standard stuff. That buyer then sold it to another with aftermarket Arrow bolt on cans and he brought it into me as it was running like a dog.
    I had to re-do the ECU programme for it to run properly with the aftermarket cans as it was conking out and backfiring..
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Superbike Twin
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I checked all connections last night and moved the harness around in various locations while the bike was running, all seems well at the moment.
    I bought the bike in September as a trade sale requiring a tidy up now complete. Fork seals, new back wheel, tyres, wheels powder coated, head bearings and a full respray with decals.
    Blue and white ones are faster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links