ID:	60152
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	60150
    looks good!
    TLOTM Aug 08 TLOTM Aug 09 TLOTY 2009 TLOTM Sept 10 TLOTM July 12
    SAMs 1080cc(143,7rwHP),AKRAPOVIC EVO1,PC3+custom map,ÖHLINS,ISR-Brakes,carbon....more carbon,UNO #12

Nice view in the first picture.
    Welcome to the site.
    black TL1000Sx, owned from new, 01/08/1998, 86.000 miles.
    Red TL1000sv ,original 97 , bought from my girlfriend when we split owned by us since 2004. 30.000 miles.
    Honda XL500r. 1983. Owned since 1997. 30.000kms.
    r1200gs adventure with 106.000 miles.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the Zone!
    👍
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Welcome. A search will tell you all you need to know to unrestrict it.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Jeff

TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Stodgy ME

Questions about the Forums? Click Here

Nice. What does restricted mean? Do they govern the engine?

Physically restricting the incoming air supply and programming were used in some combination for different for different markets iirc. Look in the throttle bodies and you'll probably find that there is a restriction in the (rubber piece blocking half the intake) that can be removed. Then you may need to change the computer to regain the remaining power.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Jeff

TLZone Forums Staff - Resident Stodgy ME

Questions about the Forums? Click Here

Yes, japanese version has a restricted ECU 32920-02F30. The maximum speed 180kmh and power 93hp. After buying a motorcycle, a fullpower ECU was purchased 32920-02F00 112100-0070 UK & Australia (original with stutters), about 100$.

About restricted power 93hp. Probably small holes in manifolds and an exhaust system. I think these restrictions (excluding ECU) have already been removed by the previous owner in Japan. And there in Japan, sport exhaust with K&N air filter and AFR-controller were installed.

When I installed a fullpower ECU instead of a japanese resrticted, I did not feel a change of power. Max speed increased over 200kmh.
    After my previous bike Kawasaki ER6 it's something crazy.

Platinum Subscriber JoshCampbell's Avatar
    Yeah 93 hp isn't too much of a retard, my unrestricted TL only made 107 hp. If you really want to feel a night/day difference drop a tooth on the drive sprocket.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

PQA
    Baby Twin
    Very cool looking bike:
    They have their quirks and electrics can vary in configuration depending upon the global regions these were marketed into.
    I found this TLZone forum and 'Steves' web pages with links and posts to be most helpful in analysing which region my machine and wiring set up belonged too.

In response to your comments around surging...
    Upon taking receipt of a second hand TLsw projject bike, I experienced the following:

Having had to sort out a entirely unpredictable and nearly unrideable 98 TLsw, that suffered from violent ready or not surges and would 'cut out' given half a chance when in full flight while cornering. The biggest breakthrough was applying a TRE which cured those 'surges' out completely, then going through the whole wiring system looking for breaks and checking the connectors for corrosion, sensors for functionality, where I found the tip over/cutout switch dangling (snap: never a good sign). Then went onto replace the alternator and rectifier to insure premium power supply at all times. Interestingly converted all bulbs to a comparatively low draw (see and be seen) bright LEDs which provided the engine with so much more prime power at start-up. This meant I didn't need to implement 'lighting cut-out at ignition' mod. Oh and a new Katana high CCA battery helped. Also adjusted the suspension setup to suit this rider. (Olins rear shock was already in place). All this helped create the difference between day and night..... Without these adjustments this bike upon collection was a complete unpredictable surging ready or not, start/stop shocker. These simple interventions added up to a now entirely smooth, reliable, controllable performance of the right kind - all well worth the research, time and money, where the machine can without reservation be safely ridden to its full RR potential. Long live the sorted TLs -
    Enjoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links