2000 tl1000r - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 tl1000r

Baby Twin
    IMO I could hear a "diesel" knocking kind of sound that I've never heard from my TLR. Can't say what would cause that though.

Platinum Subscriber JoshCampbell's Avatar
    It's gotta be either the valves tapping, an exhaust leak, or the cam chain. Anything else would be highly noticeable.

If you had a borescope you could pull the airbox, throttle bodies, and plugs back off, then stick the scope down into the Intake holes and check the valves to make sure they're not bent. You can't see them without a scope though. Pretty cheap on Amazon. I purchased this one. Works really well. Always find multiple uses for it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074Z...b_b_asin_title

Outside of that, you said the bike runs good, so maybe try running it for a minute and locating the sound. I don't believe the the TL is an interference engine, so no worries about the valves slamming into the piston heads. Who knows, it may turn out to be a minor exhaust leak. Just be sure to record while you're doing, so we can have a longer sample to listen to.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

Baby Twin
    Okay thanks guys I'm going back to.my friends to see if I can get an exact location of where the sound is coming from and figure a way out to get the exhaust relocated to make quieter to be able to record the sound.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Baby Twin
    Is there a website that I can get on to list parts? One that I can frequently use? That isn't outrageous...

Baby Twin
    Or know a wheat abouts of a used tlr motor for sale?

Platinum Subscriber JoshCampbell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TL~rMike View Post
    Is there a website that I can get on to list parts? One that I can frequently use? That isn't outrageous...
    What do you mean? You looking for a website that shows all the parts?

Like this one?
    https://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem4.a...02&L=SU4_-4420
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    The TL1000R is the only bike that makes me nervous, because in my dreams it's the only bike I die on

Not rod knock. I don't hear anything metallic- sounds like the rear exhaust header/down pipe joint. they can disintegrate/blow suddenly and sound like that. You will feel the exhaust blowing but physically check anyway, Should idle though, and power wont be down much.
    Funny how everyone's so knowledgeable about everything since the internet was invented!

Main sponsor.-
    ebaY

Baby Twin
    Power went down drastically while I was riding. Wouldn't get over dropped from 120 to 80 and wouldn't go no higher. I couldn't hear the knock and didn't know what was wrong with the power so I dropped one and gave it a little throttle but nothing...

Baby Twin
    I've got another video just gotta get to my computer to upload it.

Baby Twin

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links