Unknown engine part?

Thread: Unknown engine part?

Unknown engine part?

I recently stripped my 97S motor and it is now ready for reassembly, I found this part on the floor after I separated the crank case, I don't know where it came from or even if it is from the engine, I cannot find it mentioned in any manual, could anybody identify it and show where it goes (if it does). It is made of rubber and about 8mm diameter,

Unknown engine part?-unknown.jpg

That's a butt plug - what have you been doing?
    Red, the ONLY Colour.....for a 1997 TLS.....
    (1) Sold the old girl now ....... she will be missed...

(2) UNO frame & swinger with 1040 Bimota (aka TLR) engine running 17x40 teeth, Hydraulic clutch conversion, Billet wndowed clutch cover & cut plate spinner, Dunlop tyres, PC3, TLS bodywork, GSXR750-TT forks with custom Wilbers springs etc, Nissin brake calipers all round, front ones radial, radial Nissin clutch & brake masters, GSXR1000 K5 clocks, PVM lightweight wheels, LED lights all round, Full Yoshi exhaust system, Carbon cans, Yoshi rearsets, K&N air filter, Wilbers custom rear shock, Custom paint job. Skidmarx bellypan, Low profile rear seat hump, MotoX bars, all round (literally) nice guy.

(3) Bog standard BMW R1150RT.

(4) Boxes of many parts waiting to be made into 2 more TLS's.

Workshop in Welham Green near Hatfield in Hertfordshire - TEKMOTIVE - 01707 265000 - www.tekmotive.co.uk.

Must be a butt plug for a mouse

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Looks like the stopper for the coolant expansion tank but if its only 8mm it can't be that.

Must be a butt plug for someone in the payroll department. Nobody else is that tight-arsed.
    Like my TL I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move.

Found this on ebay , looks similar but it might not the same item - Crankcase Plug, Suzuki Part N0. 09248-16012-000
    And looking at the crankcase drawing on Robinsons Foundry this matches up to item No 21, but I cannot find where it goes,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-Ge...IAAOSwvgdW2TRY

It does look exactly like that but god knows where it goes!
    Airbox mod, SV coils, TRE, K-tech fork internals, Ohlins rear shock, Thermostat mod, Upright bar conversion, Crank-case breather, Welded clutch. Rear undertray, Full Yoshi system, Chinese steering damper, +mod, Charging mod, headlight relay mod, nurses fob-watch silicolned to dashboard.

Solved = it's the plug on the throttle bodies for the air screw, (rear still had it fitted, front missing) must have fallen off and rolled across the floor when I took the throttle bodies off, and found it when I stripped the engine.

Sponsored Links