oil sump baffle

Thread: oil sump baffle

Baby Twin

oil sump baffle

Hi
    Do all TLR have this baffle in the sump, my question is because i have a TLR engine block but no baffle inside?
    I have tried to search for it as sparepart but have not been able to find it as sparepart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oil sump baffle-crank-case.jpg  

While I haven't had a TLR engine apart, I would say they all have the sump baffle shown in your photo.

When I had to Heli-coil the sump plug threads on my TLR, I remember 'feeling' a plate of some sort a few mm's above the threads. Also, this photo confirms that something is relatively close to the sump plug.

DSCN7677 by Tony Six5, on Flickr
    January 2012 TLOTM & BBOTM

Baby Twin
    ok thanx great info, now i have to find a way to buy one:-)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

Suzuki part number: 11324-02F10
    Back ordered from both of my suppliers in the UK, but available from motocycle spare parts eu, and they ship to sweden

'97 TL1000S Streetfighter 'Evil Twin' - Full colour wiring diagrams - click here for UK TLS - click here for US TLS - click here for UK TLR - click here for US TLR

PM Sam

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

or Timo

cheers stu

Naked TLS 97 , D port heads, TRE, Carrozzaria gold wheels, GSXR750 triples and forks, R1 calipers, Ti Force titanium exhaust system, welded clutch centre, ring-in CCC, polished pressure plate, 999 ducati radiator, custom handlebar fairing, polished ali screen, TLR clocks, Van reservoirs, TLR swingarm, TLR Ohlins rear shock, Norton Commando handlebars on 65mm risers, extra heavy polished billet brass bar-ends, custom shaped seat pad, billet levers and pegs, stainless brake lines, modified airbox, PC11 ,undertail, hugger, clear taillight lens, hidden LED number plate lights, Personal number plate (97TLS),SV coils, ring-in pushrod seal saver.

Baby Twin
    Thanx guys, good reminder why i am at this forum:-)
    I guess there will be an order of parts going out to motorcycle spareparts EU to bring another TL back to life:-)

Sam
    The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator
    Yes all TLR engines have the baffle plate.

I have a few spare ones if you get stuck although I'm in the UK.

TLOTM Nov 04, March 06, June 07, July 10, Aug 11, Sept 12 and TLOTY 2007 and 2010

PM Me for Help & Prices with GSXR/Busa Radial Fork Conversion Kits, 1080cc Big Bore Kits and Welded Clutch Centres

Baby Twin
    Thanx Sam.
    Im about to split the engine missing a M20x1.5 bold to get the flywheel of, but have ordered one so hopefully I will have the TLS-engine down to see what parts I will need in the transfer to the TLR.
    I found the baffle plate at that Euro spares but have not placed an order yet so no clue if they have any available.
    Bought an R gearbox last week so hopefully its in good condition or with parts from the old TLS gearbox can be fixed.
    Parts still needed are.

oil pump
    Cylinder head gaskets
    Maybe 2 new exhaust valves ( have not measured them yet, but I assume they are gone since I can see they had a meeting with the rear piston)
    1 exhaust tappet bucket or what you call them, looks like it has a small crack or beginning to crack (need a microscope to check:-)
    New crank bearings (Black) plan to make some getto tools for the replacement ( Sam do you have any suggestion for this)?
    Then I have a ball hone for nicasil cylinders that I planned to give the cylinders a light touch with.
    Checked the countershaft bearing for the sprocket on the TLR block and it feels ok plan to keep it, any advice on this should they be changed as soon u have the engine apart or is the TLR bearing a lifetime bearing compared to early S variant?

BR
    Peter,

Sam
    The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator
    The codes on the crank and rods give the shell grade, but these are based on brand new parts at the factory. So it's very important the check the clearances with plastigauge and be very aware that you will need to go to a grade thicker bearing shell.

Most used TL engines I fit new rod shells to come out about 0.063mm with the service limit been 0.080mm. I try and get nearer to 0.050mm with the new shells, especially as the larger limit allows the piston/head squish clearance to be reduced and a common occurrence of the piston touching the head at high rpm near the rev limit.

TLOTM Nov 04, March 06, June 07, July 10, Aug 11, Sept 12 and TLOTY 2007 and 2010

PM Me for Help & Prices with GSXR/Busa Radial Fork Conversion Kits, 1080cc Big Bore Kits and Welded Clutch Centres

Sponsored Links