Engine Removal - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Engine Removal

oh sorry...put a bit of oil down spark plug holes..those rubber caps...blah blah ..you know what i mean....well I thought, oh shite,,,the bloody seal has gone or did i put in the gasket....so took the gear cover off...and never noticed this...its actually dented with the piece was inside...but it never noticed when on stand as wasnt enuf oil in it...I rekon ive done that when moving it around on the stand etc......anyway, all changed now...started back , no leaks...

Stop staring at my Tits!!

Fkn !!!
    The bike that is .

1050 Speed Triple
    Wilbers rear shock ,Racetech Gold valves + Wilbers springs in the front end ,MIVV pipe ,Triumph bar end mirrors ,Triumph hugger ,Tidy tail ,FP Racing levers ,D'Ecosse Rec/Reg mod ,Crazymofo rad guard ,Oggy knobbs ,Triumph bug screen ,Ventura headlight protectors ,Upgraded alternator + more to come .

The bike that was .

TLS
    FP levers ,Leo Vince cans ,Bitubo ,Suspension Tech valves ,Eibach springs ,Ohlins steering damper ,Barnett clutch springs ,K&N air filter ,flapper valve and associated shite removed ,Irridium plugs ,PC11 ,Loweys TRE ,Charging mod ,Jarkkos plus mod , DavCruz fan switch mod ,Six pots ,Braided lines ,Riflemans ccc ,The Ring Ins modded pressure plate ,dropped one tooth on the front sprocket ,Van drivers sprocket cover + front and rear resovoirs ,TLR engine breather/separator .

ok, last bit now, connected all hoses etc and tank and a pic of just before we attempt to fire it up..(in case catches fire)

start her up....takes about 5 secs, then cranks to life and idles. Only idle for maybe 10 secs....lots of smoke...didnt rev it

right exhaust puffin like a smokestack...not a good pic, but was at the end....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TLZone.net
    Advertisements

it was idling rough, or a bit down on the tone.....is that smoke all the moly paste etc burning off on the inside? I wont start it again until ride it....and idling low, but then dont expect it to be smooth....but all good !

So, how long does it take to get the engine out and then assemble everything together?
    Cos I'd already get my engine out of frame and now is time to see what is wrong with engine and which one crankshaft is fucked.
    And yes, I'm killed engine in tlr.
    Poor me.

I couldn't tell you really...some do it quick and others a work in progress...taking the engine apart took and back together me about 2 months, as I only worked on it over weekends...once it was ready to go back in, took me 2 days to get it in and all back together...but that was only me working on it...all depends what you need to do to the engine...some parts may have to be sent off to get redone etc..

Baby Twin
    Great thread , so the bikes all good now ?

Quote Originally Posted by mysonner View Post
    Great thread , so the bikes all good now ?
    hey funny you should ask....only last weekend continued on..it took me a few weeks to repair all the crack tabs and gouges etc, so i put them back on last week..took it for a spin...started up all ok,. gear was a bit heavy to get in, but that will hopefully be just adjustment of gear level..no clunking etc...smoke all gone..rode well...let it idle for a bit to see if the fan switched on..yep all good there..but then noticed stuff flying out the back...oh ooo..the cans now need to be repacked..lol...stuck trying to find the indicator wires on the right..finally found them..the guy had cut right down to the loom...all indicators work now...wiring was all over the place....i must get some pics..needs a wash first...! dusty

Baby Twin
    Maybe some of you guys could possibly help me with my tl1000r I am a newbie. I have a thread if anyone would like to read it and help me diagnose my problem. Much help is greatly appreciated. Thread is 2000 tl1000r

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links